PBarnhart's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Taking Photos of Businesses - Do You Ask Permission? Ever Had a Confrontation?

Recently had a conversation with a business own concerning photos of his business on Google Maps.  There were several people in a restaurant, and a photo of several children dining with a family appeared prominently on his business listing.  It was posted by someone contributing photos to Google Maps.  The family was extremely unhappy about the photo appearing without their permission.  He was able to flag it and get it taken down (after several rounds of emails)  but there have been continuing repercussions.

Do you ask permission before taking photos of businesses?  Have you had problems or negative experiences around taking business photos for upload?  

2 comments
Level 10

Re: Taking Photos of Businesses - Do You Ask Permission? Ever Had a Confrontation?

@PBarnhart

yes.

compulsory you have to ask for a permission from Store owner and customer that in store.

and make sure when you upload photos on google you have to blur faces and privacy related information.

hope it helps.

happy mapping.

thank you. 

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 10

Re: Taking Photos of Businesses - Do You Ask Permission? Ever Had a Confrontation?

Hello @PBarnhart

Here is my post where I share my experience about it. This was my story and I hope we will contribute more about this issue to next contributors which have same problems.

How dangerous it is to contribute to Google maps?