CarstenManns's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Take nice Pictures from Restaurants

How do i Take good pictures from Outside Restaurant?

1. Best Light Conditions are early in the morning or in the blue hours in the evening or when the Sun shines from behind you.

2. Try to Cover the House with trees infront or the hills behind to Show the beautiness of the Spot.

3. Don't Take the Photo from frontal Try to Take the Photo from approxamately 30-45 degrees with the Sign and the Name of the Restaurant .

4. Wait till nobody else is standing infront.

5. If not possible blur the faces and Dienstag of cars of the people to protect private after you took the Photo .

6. Last but Not least Take the Wizard in your Photo Editor to enhance the pictures and cut it.

Main, Frankfurt, Germany
3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Take nice Pictures from Restaurants

Thanks for the tips, @CarstenManns. I like natural lighting best and I have to agree that the morning light is the best! I'm moving your post to the Photography board where community members can find your list of tips if they are looking for one. 🙂

Looks like you are new here, so welcome to Connect! I recommend reading this post for tips and best practices when using the community forum.

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 7

Had some battery that needed to be empty and some time to spare.

When you say restaurants, I hope you mean businesses.

This is from the blue hours during slight rain. 😞

First picture is taken with sun in front, but I can't lift the place up and rotate it 180°.

Blue hour/golden hour/cloud will do just fine in most situations.

The better dynamic range your camera have, the more hours you can take photos during a day.

Here's 2 examples, sorry for the bad weather.

As always, a picture says more then thousand words.

max.jpghit.jpg

I'm not sure about the trees and hills, it's a bit specific, most restaurants here are tree less and hill less, but you can still take good pictures of them.

If you can, compose the picture directly, then you don't need to cut it, the less edit you do, the better it is.

And more pixels for the viewer.

Be creative!

As always, try to take picture from an elevated position, this way you don't have to worry about the pedestrians.

Hey, circus is in town!

Level 7

Thank you for sharing the tips. 

Very useful.