Peter_Grashoff's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Rotterdam

Hi,

I'm Peter Grashoff Local Guide living in Rotterdam the Netherlands and I love to make pictures and place them on Google Maps.
At this momnet I'm almost on 10.000.000 views, more  Photo's of Rotterdam City & Harbour

Schermopname (1).png

With regards

Peter Grashoff
Rotterdam, Nederland
2 comments
Level 1

Re: Rotterdam

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your nice photos.  I also am a keen amateur photographer.

My wife and I are from India.  We are visiting Rotterdam from Jun 28-30 this year, just for 2 days 😞   

We have never been to Netherlands before.   We would appreciate some pointers on what we could do at Rotterdam to make our visit worthwhile.  

We are both senior citizens and my wife has difficulty in walking long distances and climbing steps, 10-12 steps at a time is OK but should not be not steep steps.

We are arriving from Amsterdam by road on 28/6/18.  We have yet to arrange accommodation, we usually stay at a 3-4 star hotel near the city center - we need advice on 'good' locations.

We are not much interested in the night life of the city, but would like to take in a mix of historical places, scenic sights, maybe a unique museum, with some local food and gift shopping thrown in.

On 30th June we are boarding the Holland America Lines cruise ship MS Rotterdam at approx 3 PM - where do the cruise ships berth? 

Any kind of advice in helping finalize our plans would be welcome.  

Best wishes - Subhash Bhojwani   (sb7146 at geemail)

Level 6

Re: Rotterdam

Hi Subhash,

Always good to hear when people want to visit my beautyfull hometown! Here are a few tips for visiting Rotterdam:

- Rotterdam is as flat as a pancake, almost all shops and buildings have elevators installed. Taking long steps isn't a problem here!

- The citycenter is not as big as you'd expect. There is a really good tram and subway system troughout the city, so buying an OV-chipkaart comes in handy. This card is also valid in the rest of the country.

- For great food spots search for: Supermercado, Markthal, Bazar or Loetje those are some of my favorite spots. All, except for the markthal, are not stuffed with tourists.

- For musea in Rotterdam we have a real "Museum square" with lot's of musea. My favorite: Boijmans Van Beuningen. This museum is close to Supermercado and Bazar! Perfect to combine lunch/dinner and your museum trip.

- Also places to look out for are: Erasmusbrug, Wilhelminakade, Oude Haven, Rotterdam Central Station, Markthal, IMAX at Pathé Schouwburgplein and Witte de Withstraat.

I hope your stay will be wonderfull! If you have more questions about any of the places you can message me anytime.

Kind regards, Daniël Bakkers