RadekN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Quality not quantity.

I have many CropperOutput922466007.jpgreceived_1174607892610805.jpegIMG_20160714_235403.jpgreceived_1174607895944138.jpegIMG_20160721_182021.jpgawesome photos of hidden,less visited places in my city and still I got less points than guys walking on the streets and taking photos of every shop window,describing what we could find inside.

This is local guide used to discover new places or guide to kebab-bars?

In my opinion the most visited and popular photos or this one presenting something interesting supposed to be prized better than ,,two points from every place"-I don't know how but Google can make separated folder for photos presenting places without adress,just city itself.Panoramas,street-art,statues,sculptures etc.

Above few as sample to my post.(pic related)

The Hague, Netherlands
12 comments
Level 8

Re: Quality not quantity.

@RadekN,

I Agree With You !

This can make a loss of motivation for people who spend lot of time to improve the quality of Google Maps.

Pierre

Level 4

I find myself posting a lot of pictures I normally would not because sometimes its not worth the effort to get out the dslr, shoot the photo carefully, post process it and then upload it... so out comes the phone - snap, upload, done. High quality photos should be worth extra points.  

Level 5

@RadekN

your photographs are very good specially the first one. If you post in the google Map, under the present point system you will get 1 point for your photographs. Since poor, Avarage, Good, Very good and Excellent all get 1 point.

Level 5

@Pierre_M@RadekN@KevinC

You are very much correct. That is why I proposed introduction of Bonus Points in addition to normal 1 point as motivation to Local Guides.

Level 5

@Pierre_M@RadekN@KevinC

Thanks to you all.

You are very much correct. That is why I proposed introduction of Bonus Points in addition to normal 1 point as motivation to Local Guides.

Level 8

is there already a local community for The Hague ? 

The Hague Local Guides Community
https://plus.google.com/communities/113132801025566159822
Level 3

not yet

Level 8

i created this one join if you like 

The Hague Local Guides Community
Level 7

@RadekN

I don't think there is a proper place to snap a panorama or a landscape to. Those are memories from the Panoramio era...

The business model of Local Guides promotes the increase of low quality photos taken with smartphones and of photos with subjects of very low interest (as storefronts for example).

But who knows? Maybe Local Guides will have the luck of other Google products, as Google Views for example, which didn't last for long...