rahawx's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Photos - How old is too old to post?

Hello,

I have been taking pictures longer than I've been guiding. I'm wondering if I can upload some of my older shots and if yes what is the cutoff time/age?

Thanks.

6 comments
Level 8

Re: Photos - How old is too old to post?

Ask yourself if the pictures accurately reflect the current state of the POI (Place of Interest.)  If you were to go back to the POI and re shoot it, would the photos look the same, if so, then I would post them. - BUT - If the place has changed, DON'T post them.

Level 5

It depends on the place you did your review. For example, if it is a restaurant you should check if the menu and prices did not change since you went there. At least, that is what I do since I have been uploading some pictures I took to post on Yelp. However, I think anything older than a year is too old to post. 

Connect Moderator

Personally for me, as long as the photo is still valid / relevant, it doesn't matter how old the photo is. Think about why you're posting the photos in the first place. It's to help others get an idea of what the place looks like, and it will only be helpful if the photos actually represent of what exists in the location 🙂

Level 6

Thank you all for great replies. Makes perfect sense. Most of the pics I was referring to would be old vacation photos, not necessarily from places I would be able to get back to anytime soon to verify whether the place has changed or not. I'll stick with the fresh ones 🙂

Connect Moderator

@rahawx - Thanks so much for marking my answer as the 'Accepted Solution'. However, since your post is an open ended question, I will take it off. The idea behind using 'Accepted Solution' is when your question only have one possible answer (example: "Where will Connect Live 2018 is being held?").

But in this case, since there can be many variations of possible answers, there's is no one true 'Accepted Solution' 🙂

Level 8

you can add the date with the photo on the post