mark33328's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Photographing a city by drone

Hi Everyone,

I have been photographing cities by drone for about 5 years now. I have learned a lot during my adventures and wanted to share with everyone some of the tricks i have learned in my years of travel.

First, do not be afraid to fly in the city. With the exception of New York City, most areas are open to drone flyers. Second, just because there is an airport nearby does not mean that you can't fly. Simply call the airport and ask for the control tower. In most cases you can get permission to fly when you are less than 2 miles from an airport. Third, find a quiet place to take off and land where you are not going to be causing problems for other people in the area. One of my favorite places to fly in the city is on top of a parking garage, or even the top of a building. Finally, use technology to help you fly safely. I use the Hover app to tell me if it's safe and legal to fly and it also has the phone numbers of nearby airports so that you can quickly call and get up in the air taking some amazing photos. Have any questions, let me know.

Miami, FL, USA
1 comment
Level 5

Re: Photographing a city by drone

Awesome tips!