FelipeGonzalez's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Photographing Museums

Hi everyone!

I´ve done a lot of photographs (paid, donated and as a hobby) for museums.

I´d like to share a panorama shot today at one of my favorite locations, the "Antiguo Colegio de San Ildelfonso".

It´s an anaglyph pano (to be viewed using red/cyan glasses). It´s from the entrance patio, not from an exhibit. This museum was once the location of the "Escuela Nacional Preparatoria" and it´s the place where Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo first met.

Best regards from the Subtropical Regions of México

Desde las regiones subtropicales de México
CDMX, México
11 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Photographing Museums

This is a really magnetic place @FelipeGonzalez.

I read about it a few years ago and its been a dream to see Orozco's murals and walk around the old chapel ever since.

What other museums did you photograph? 

Also I want to let you know I am moving your post to the Photography boardI'm looking forward to seeing your further posts about them.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Thanks @IrrPavlova !

I´ve done virtual tours for most of INBA´s museums. One of those is the is the Museo Nacional de San Carlos . I´ve also shot Frida Kahlo´s house in Coyoacán. And, of course, the Antiguo Colegio de San Ildefonso . If you like Orozco´s work, definitely you should take a look at Jiquilpan´s public library: Biblioteca Lic. Gabino Ortíz

Best regards from the subtropical regions of México

@FelipeGonzalez Frida Kahlo´s house in Coyoacán is really stunning! Biblioteca Lic. Gabino Ortíz as well.

Unfortunately I have problems with the links of Museo Nacional de San Carlos and Antiguo Colegio de San Ildefonso. Do you think you could fix them? I'd be happy to see  your photos of them too. 

Mexican culture has always fascinated me. Celebrating the Day of the Dead, the Sugar Skull Tradition and whole concept of happy spirits is something amazing for me.

A year ago I was in Aarhus, Denmark in a museum that represented the whole feeling of that holiday and I was really impressed. 

This sugar grave and skulls was thereThis sugar grave and skulls was there

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Hi @IrrPavlova !

Museo Nacional de San Carlos link works fine here. You can Visit San Ildefonso from it´s official page also: Antiguo Colegio de San Ildefonso.

You can navigate all tree museums also from this page: Museums .

México City is a great place to visit around the Día de Muertos dates (November 1st  & 2nd). 

Altar de MuertosAltar de Muertos

In those dates it´s traditional to set up an "Altar de Muertos" to remember dead family members. My last year´s altar was honoring our gone pets. 

Level 8

NIce museum tour @FelipeGonzalez ! Here is a tour in the Fiji museum in Suva.  

Level 9

Very nice integration with the Roundme interface!

Nice quality of your panos, congrats. 

@FelipeGonzalez,

Did you see this post about Google's virtual Frida Khalo exhibit from @AriMar

I think you will appreciate it 🙂 

Level 8

Hi @IrrPavlova  I am getting the error message below when I click on the link you posted for the virtual exhibit.  This has happened on a number of other posts too.  

Screenshot at Jul 25 07-11-10.png

Sorry for the bad experience, @Nick-Hobgood

We know about the problem. This is due to all the changes and evolution processes happening around Connect right now.

If you want to know more Please pardon our dust.