sometimes it takes time to published. So don't panic

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Missing photos from posted reviews

This content has been removed.
Former Google Contributor

Hi @Anonymous

We use a variety of information, some automated, to determine if a review/photo follows our content policies. Photos that don't follow our policies are marked "private" -  the same applies to reviews. Your photos might have been marked as private/taken down and points were not awarded if they were determined to not meet the guidelines. If you check and revise the photos - and upload the ones that actually adhere to the guidelines - this will add points. 

You may want to check your Google Drive/Photos too. if you remove them from our services it may affect your contributions on Google Maps, too.

Many thanks.

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Anonymous
Not applicable

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Anonymous,

I can see that you are implementing greatly Maps with very good quality photos and we thank you for that. You said that only a small amount of photos in your overall reviews are affected. You can check if these particular missing photos were marked as "private". If you have Location History turned on, please have a check to see the list of places you've visited or places that you have reviewed. 

Please follow these steps: 

1. Open Google Maps.
  2. In the top left, click the Menu 
  3. Click Your contributions.
  4. Choose "Photos" and check If they are marked as "private", in case. 

Did you upload the photos using your phone or from your computer? If you're using Google Photos and if you delete photos from it, it will give a message says these pictures will be removed from all shared places in Google. If you have removed these images, then there is a chance of losing photos from Google Maps. You can click "Free up space" next time - instead of deleting them-  to avoid further problems. 

Hope this clarifies.

Thank you,

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Anonymous
Not applicable

Level 10

Hi @MariaBi :

On behalf of this community I'd like to thank you for your efforts to explain and

clarify things that'd effect our daily enthusiasm.

I've carefully read all terms and policies and I think I'm familiar with all necessary principles.

Still, a good number of my pictures keep disappearing. The strangest thing is that my points

and image count do not drop. I post a review, attach pictures, they show up all right usually within a day or

even less, then in a week or so some of them disappear. I did not delete them, did not

remove them from Google Drive, they have never been marked private, they are good quality,

they would never violate Google's policies, etc. etc. They simply

disappear and - again - my points and image counter do not drop. However, what's even more

surprising, my view count dropped recently (it's not significant and I'm sure next time

when overall count will be adjusted again it will come back but I can't really explain

view count drop when image count and points are unchanged).

Thank you in advance for your help.

I, together with millions of other great guys, really enjoy contributing to this community.

i

Level 8

I am also having this issue.

I was searching through Google hoping to get an answer. I like being able to look at a review and see the pictures I posted so I don't duplicate menu items.