CostasA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Migrating from Panoramio to Maps

I linked my Panoramio account to a Google+ Profile that I just created yesterday and I also joined Local Guides program.
When I visit this link: https://www.google.gr/maps/contrib/110013620843807034494/photos/ I see 2109 photos and 0 views when logged in and 1709 photos and 0 views when logged out.

So:

1. What's with the difference of the number of photos in these two situations?
  2. And why views are 0? (They aren't 0 in Panoramio.)
9 comments
Level 7

Re: Migrating from Panoramio to Maps

Unfortunately, even after Panoramio's closure the problems with Maps persist!!!

I had uploaded 2252 photos in Panoramio.

Now when in Maps when I'm logged in I can see 2128 photos and 0 views.

When I'm logged out there are 2029 photos and still 0 views.

Any explanation? What's going on?

It seems that Google rushed to roll out a product with bugs!!!

Level 7

The bug is still unfixed!!!

Level 10

@CostasA

Not all photos are approved to be published to the Maps. So that is a reason that if you are logged to your account you can see more photos that are published to the Maps. The same situation is with reviews - not all reviews are visible to the public.

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Level 7

@JacekNK
Thanks for the answer!
What about the view counter? Thats definitely a bug.

Level 7

I was wondering about this as well. When Panoramio's shutdown was announced, we were told that all view counts would be transfered over to Google Maps. This doesn't seem to have happened so far.

Any news on this?

Level 7

It would be great if Google was willing to answer!

Level 7

It really annoying indeed. More than 2000 pictures and 2000.000+ views in Panoramio. In this local guide program it wont go any further than 1600 pictures and 500.000 views for me.

Level 7

Is attention paid to the matter by Google? My motivation to contribute is really reduced..

Level 7

The bug is still there. My counter is stuck at 0 almost after 1 year of Panoramio's shut down.

And still no way to edit a photo's details (title, linked place, coordinates) when using a desktop computer.