bayou-view's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

LG 360 (LG-R105) firmware update L broke Google Streetview image transfers

Anyone using the LG 360 camera, don't update to firmware revision L, it breaks google street view downloads from the camera's wifi. I've tried to get help with LG but they are completely unresponsive with two requests so far. Any idea how to roll back versions?

I've;

factory reset camera

reinstalled google streetview

tried on another phone

6 comments
Level 7

Re: LG 360 (LG-R105) firmware update L broke Google Streetview image transfers

I have an LG 360, but I download to my PC as an intermediate step so I can add my logo to the nadir and blur only what needs to be blurred (rather than big boxes). And then transfer back to the SV App via Drive or direct from the phone. So, while you wait for a fix you could use that as a work around.

Level 10

@bayou-view Is the L firmware the one that came out late June? (if so, mine seems to work fine) I assumed you have tried the LG Bridge software to try to roll back your camera (you need either a Windows or Mac machine)? My 360 is still on its trip to the safaris and won't be back for another week so I can't verify the information first hand.

What is your workflow like? For me it is take pictures, download them a time to my phone via the LG360 app and upload via Streetview via Import. Can you try downloading it via the LG360 to make sure the wifi is actually working?

I don't have much faith in cameras from LG (GPS broken).. Samsung (general painfulness, and not street view capable).. They promise convenience but they can't deliver.

Level 7

I can download images from camera with the app, all LG app functions with iPhone work fine.

my workflow was:

connect to Bluetooth xgps160

connect to camera wifi

google street view

continuous capture from street view

upload images

edit connectivity

Level 7

If you go into the LG app look for about/information and firmware version.im not sure what prior version I was using, gor the camera this month so not sure about June update.

Level 7

Yes that is version L, which you can see in the IOS software when you enter settings in the app. I tested this with the newest release of google street view for iphone and still same status. Last week LG bridge software didn't report any new updates for the camera hardware.

Yea I know LG sucks. I took a chance because it was half the price and it did work OK before the update.

Level 8

I have the same problem with version L, and IOS Streetview (latest version).  I can click to take a picture, but the picture captured is a great screen with a error icon