chameecdn's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Inappropriate Photographs

I have seen some photos which is not relevant to the location. Some people have submitted there own marketing photos. I have reported them under "Not a photo of the place". But I didn't get any notifications weather it has been removed or not. Is this feature works?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Inappropriate Photographs

Hello @chameecdn, I think this is one of those things that need to be reviewed one by one by Google employees. It's been rumoured that those lists are very long, and that it can therefore take literally months before submissions get processed. And to my knowledge you do not get feedback about the fact whether or not it was processed (and if it was: what was done with it).

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 10

@JanVanHaver wrote:

...And to my knowledge you do not get feedback about the fact whether or not it was processed (and if it was: what was done with it).

True.

Level 8

@chameecdn I have removed few inappropriate and not related photographs from the places i have reviewed. After few days I saw few of them got removed.

Smile

Nithin

Level 8

Yes. But I think you are in India. Im from Sri Lanka. We hardly get updates comparing to your country..

Level 8

well @chameecdn it will take some time ( days or weeks ) to remove those reported images 🙂 sometimes it will be removed within 24hrs but sometimes it takes longer 🙂