Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

In short, What are the Criteria for Photospheres

Dears,

In short ..

On Google Street View

What are the Criteria for photos to be approved or rejected ?

How should I take the photo knowing that it will be approved or rejected ?

Is it forbidden to appear in the photo holding the camera, although I blur my face?

Should I always use a tripod ?!

Marwan Al-Tawansy --> Local Guide Lvl 8, Trusted Street View Photographer #EgyptLocalGuides (Moderator)
11 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: In short, What are the Criteria for Photospheres

Peace be upon you all,

I just wanted to say that I'm now a trusted Photographer 🙂

Accordingly, I found out that there are many issues with the Algorithms that Approve and Reject.

So, all I had to do .. 

Of course I had to make sure the photos are more Professional.

But the main thing is that I learned to WAIT .. until the Photos get approved after a while.

As my number of approved photos was Jumping over days from 18 -> 25 -> 38 -> 53

Which only makes sense if you accept that there might be a Lag and a delay.

Now .. if I may ask,

is it OK to add the Trusted Photographer Logo to my Google+ Profile Pic ( like other people ) ?

Marwan Al-Tawansy --> Local Guide Lvl 8, Trusted Street View Photographer #EgyptLocalGuides (Moderator)

View solution in original post

Level 8

Hi @MarwanTawansy,

Basically, you will find out from the StreetView app that a PhotoSphere is approved or not.

But to avoid approved photosphere got takedown afterwards:

1.  Face blur is important.  Carplate blur also.

2.  My own experience, Tripod of Human holding the camera are both fine, as long as it is not occupying lots of screen space.

3.  Avoid object that can be considered as doing "advertisment".

4.  Need to show floor lines.

More details, see: https://www.google.com/streetview/privacy/

Level 8

Thank you @YK1001

I want to quote what @Ofelia added

Hello MarwanA

I suggest you to use a helmet with a support for the cam (it costs around 10$) orto use a trypod or erase you with Photoshop.

I'm not sure if an image can be rejected for appearing you or not, because I never uploaded an image like that.

I always erased myself with my logo. The only thing that I can tell you is that your logo must not be higher than 556 pixels.

The objective to get the badge as "Trusted Photographer" is to work professionally. Appearing in the photos is not professional.

Regarding the rest of the policy for accepting or rejecting images, you can find it here. At the end, the problems I had were not due to my images but to a problem with the algorythms during 2 weeks. Now it seems to be that the problem is solved.

Images must have a resolution higher than 14 Megapixels.
Persons appearing must be blurred.

and you can read the rest here:

https://www.google.es/intl/es/streetview/privacy/

I hope this helps you.
Have a nice day!

Level 8

Hi @MarwanTawansy,

I can see there is a wide separation between Great and OK.

As a start, may be aiming for OK will be easier for more of us.  Then we can improve from there and trying to be Great.  Of course, each of us can have our own targets.  

Level 8
Solution

Peace be upon you all,

I just wanted to say that I'm now a trusted Photographer 🙂

Accordingly, I found out that there are many issues with the Algorithms that Approve and Reject.

So, all I had to do .. 

Of course I had to make sure the photos are more Professional.

But the main thing is that I learned to WAIT .. until the Photos get approved after a while.

As my number of approved photos was Jumping over days from 18 -> 25 -> 38 -> 53

Which only makes sense if you accept that there might be a Lag and a delay.

Now .. if I may ask,

is it OK to add the Trusted Photographer Logo to my Google+ Profile Pic ( like other people ) ?

Level 8

HI @YK1001 & @MarwanTawansy

In short, It's a nice topic & both of you thanks for sharing with us. While taking photos sometimes I lost maintains rules like this, but of course we need to take care of this. Cause this is so important.

Thanks

Level 5

Where did you found that logo must be 556 pixels max size?

@MarwanTawansy wrote:

Thank you @YK1001

I want to quote what @Ofelia added

Hello MarwanA

I suggest you to use a helmet with a support for the cam (it costs around 10$) orto use a trypod or erase you with Photoshop.

I'm not sure if an image can be rejected for appearing you or not, because I never uploaded an image like that.

I always erased myself with my logo. The only thing that I can tell you is that your logo must not be higher than 556 pixels.

The objective to get the badge as "Trusted Photographer" is to work professionally. Appearing in the photos is not professional.

Regarding the rest of the policy for accepting or rejecting images, you can find it here. At the end, the problems I had were not due to my images but to a problem with the algorythms during 2 weeks. Now it seems to be that the problem is solved.

Images must have a resolution higher than 14 Megapixels.
Persons appearing must be blurred.

and you can read the rest here:

https://www.google.es/intl/es/streetview/privacy/

I hope this helps you.
Have a nice day!

Level 5

@YK1001 wrote:

Hi @MarwanTawansy,

Basically, you will find out from the StreetView app that a PhotoSphere is approved or not.

But to avoid approved photosphere got takedown afterwards:

1.  Face blur is important.  Carplate blur also.

2.  My own experience, Tripod of Human holding the camera are both fine, as long as it is not occupying lots of screen space.

3.  Avoid object that can be considered as doing "advertisment".

4.  Need to show floor lines.

More details, see: https://www.google.com/streetview/privacy/

Thank you @YK1001 za gore spomenute kriterije. Da li su se u medjuvremenu pojavili neki novi kriteriji? I ako može da se malo razjasni točka 4. . To sa podnim linijama nije bas najjasnije. Sto su to podne linije?

Level 8

Hi @HrVoB,

The correct term should be "The horizon of the photosphere".

It is the line that should be "level" in real world - such as the line where the sky meets the sea, in the sample photo below.

https://videohive.net/item/aerial-vr-360-panorama-of-ocean-at-sunset/19029442https://videohive.net/item/aerial-vr-360-panorama-of-ocean-at-sunset/19029442

Level 8

There are a few web sites you can bookmark. Google does not place all of these answers in one place. There are many stovepipes underneath the Google umbrella.

1. Contributed Content Policy Help / Format Specific Criteria The following criteria apply to the indicated format in addition to the Prohibited Content policies.

2. WHAT IT TAKES TO BE TRUSTED All approved 360 photos must meet the following criteria for image quality, connectivity and appropriateness.

3. Image Acceptance & Privacy Policies Google-contributed Street View Privacy Policies. The policies explain how we treat inappropriate content and the criteria we use for publishing imagery to Google Maps.