mytwebs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

How to decide and get GPS coordinates accuracy?

How to decide that the GPS receiver is getting coordinates correctly?

Currently, I have GPS in my mobile phone, so pictures clicked with the mobile are tagged with GPS coordinates but which GPS device is good to connect the Nikon DSLR D7000, so that the pictures are tagged with the coordinates. 

Will Google suggest and support in getting a reasonably good GPS receiver for DSLR? 

1 comment
Connect Moderator

Re: How to decide and get GPS coordinates accuracy?

Hello,

I have moved your post the the photography board as it is the appropriate place to ask about geotagging photos.

You mention that you want the best GPS that will connect to your specific camera.  Normally you do not have choices, you must use the GPS that the camera manufacturer sells.  For better advice about your camera you should probably seek out forums specific to your camera.

There is another option, and that is to carry a GPS logger with you and then run your GPS log and photos through a geotagging software.  This is the option I have used for years.  GPS loggers are becoming more rare as most people now have GPS in their smartphones and apps that can log for you; but the GPS in a standalone logger tends to be more accurate than one in a phone.  Look for one with one of the most current chipsets, plenty of memory, and the ability to change the log to once every second.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages