CostasA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

How can I change the place of a photo?

Is it possible to connect an already uploaded photo with another place?

I added many new places through Map Maker which got approved recently, but I can't see how I can connect my photos which where transfered from Panoramio to these newly added places!

5 comments
Level 8

Re: How can I change the place of a photo?

Hi @CostasA,

I am aware that existing photos from  Panoramio will be added to Maps by Google in bulk.  But I did not follow closely, so have no idea on what will happen wh the Photo can link to a published place and when the Photo cannot be linked to a published place.

In general, we have to download a photo.  Remove it from wrong place.  And upload to correct place.  One by one manually.

Update:

-remove wrongly Bolded sentences.

Level 7

I don't think it matters if the photos are transfered from Panoramio or not. Probably the process for connecting a photo to a different place than the initial is the same regardless the origin of the photo.
So I get that your last sentence is unfortunately the only solution...

It's unbelievable that there is no option for editing a photo. The new platform lacks essential functionality!!! Why should I follow a torturous process of deleting and reuploading the same photos (which in my case would be hundreds of them)? That doesn't make sense at all!

And additionally I can't set coordinates for newly uploaded photos. That functionality isn't available through the desktop version of Maps. I think it's available only through the Android app which is also unacceptable. Using the small screen of a smartphone in order to do hours of work would make the process way more torturous than doing the same job via a desktop computer.

Level 8

Hi @CostasA,

Definitely, the closure of Panoramio created a huge crowd of users not happy towards Maps.

Level 7

Because it created practical problems! If they hadn't rolled out the new product at this stage with flaws like the ones I mentioned in my first post of the topic, there would be less frustrated users!!!

Level 7

Out of curiosity doesn't anyone else find it very inconvenient that you can not edit the details of photos? And I'm not talking only about old Panoramio users, but for everyone else who started uploading photos through Maps' interface.