MB_Bossman's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Food photography as a Local Guide

My favorite part of being a local guide is definitely taking pictures of my food and sharing them with the world. Even better, is when that one picture can make make all the difference between someone choosing to eat at a particular restaurant or not.

I know when I'm looking for a good place to eat, the first thing I do is go to Google Maps and start swiping through the images of a restaurant. When I can show others some of the awesome dishes available, and I see the results of the million + views on my pics, I get excited to say I'm a local guide!

P.S. Having the Pixel in my arsenal has made my "job" so much easier.

IMG_20180415_234248_253.jpg

IMG_20180411_170517_302.jpg

IMG_20180331_185536_714.jpg

IMG_20180331_185536_713.jpg

Tucson, AZ, USA
11 comments
Level 7

Re: Food photography as a Local Guide

My favourite thing about google map is that it automatically detects my location and then I can just post my food pics to all restaurants that I have visited effortlessly. 

The location is so accurate I often can upload the photos in a few clicks, and then rate them with a short comment under. 

Other than that, the route recording is amazing, I didn't realise I can travel up to 200km daily for good food!

Level 5

Nice or an invasion of our privacy?

Level 7

To me, by accessing to the internet means that you are exposing yourself in the world wide web already. It is about how much you are doing with your devices nowadays than how much people are getting those information out of you. 

Level 8

Travelling 200 km for food makes a new 'Michelin' approach:)

Level 8

Yes, this! It makes it so much easier to remember to post pictures when it just pops up with a link. 

Level 6

Great shots! Tucson is such a food-photogenic city (if that's a thing. I'm saying it's a thing) Where was the first picture taken? Looks like a place I'd love to try.

Level 7

The tacos on the red tray where are those from? Look delicious,  are they up in Tucson or down in Nogales?

Level 4

I love the close up photos and the colours are so vivid! I also use Google pixel 2 and am impressed with the image quality.

Level 7

Awsome photo's. What kind of camera are you using. Makes my photos look sick. LOL