JohnMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Editing/processing pix before uploading to Maps

When I started taking pix and contributing to Google Maps, I used the usual rules for good photos and uploaded. These days, these are the steps I've taken to improve my contributions:

1. My first image I upload is always documentary in nature. It is a clear representation of the location. If I add more than one, the subsequent photos offer a feel of the place as well as a clear representation of its features.
  2. Every image is documented with the month and year I took it (at least). If there is something remarkable about the image needing more description, I add a few more words.
  3. I put every image through Snapseed for improvement. Sometimes an edge doesn't contribute to the story, so I crop it out.
  4. I increase saturation through an HDR filter. Most people view a photo for not much more than a second, so I want to capture their attention so they can see the bigger picture I'm presenting. Kind of like adding MSG to a dish... I don't use artsy Instagram filters ever for this work.