BoLorentzen's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Do Pretty Panos count? :-)

Not a proper "listing".. but wonder, is pretty views worth something on Google Maps / Street Views?  

Captured on the way up Highway 18 this evening. with the ThetaV on a monopod 60sec exposure

https://goo.gl/maps/hu5P1pV3TNq

5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Do Pretty Panos count? :-)

Brilliant @BoLorentzen. What a view!

You'll get views on your pano, but unless it's uploaded to a point of interest, it won't count towards your Local Guide level.

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Solution

Brilliant @BoLorentzen. What a view!

You'll get views on your pano, but unless it's uploaded to a point of interest, it won't count towards your Local Guide level.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 8

@LuisRG    Thank you sir.    yeah I was afraid of that.     🙂   

@BoLorentzen wrote:

@LuisRG    Thank you sir.    yeah I was afraid of that.     🙂   

Glad to have helped you, @BoLorentzen 🙂

Level 10

Hi @BoLorentzen, to my best understanding, you can add the panorama to the road itself (and it's allowed - after all, it's "Street View"). It's the Rim of the World Highway there. Now of course, I am not sure that you get points for adding SV imagery to a street but who knows? And if not, then you shared something beautiful for free. Then what? 

Our LG points are just virtual points anyway. 🙂 

Level 8