irfan home

my Home address want to add in Google maps 

Pan Mandi, Hyderabad, Telangana, India
3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: irfan home

@irfank wrote:

my Home address want to add in Google maps 

And why would you want to do that? Is that also the address of your business? If not, you can go to "your places" in the menu of Google Maps and add your home, so you can always have a shortcut to calculate routes to and from home, without compromising your privacy.

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Connect Moderator

Hello @irfank,

Do you have a unique address from your neighbours?  By that I means something government designated, such as a house number, that will separate you from others.  It cannot include your name, nor can it include descriptive terms like "Across from.." or "Opposite...".

If you have a unique address then please provide it and we should be able to help you get it mapped.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Connect Moderator

@LuisRG

It is very normal to add addresses to the map.  It is not permitted to add one's home to the map, and so when people want to do so we tell them they should add their address instead.

In this way they can tell people "Come for dinner at 8547 Spruce Street, Lovelyville" or get Uber to pick them up at their home address.

It does, however, require uniqueness to work, which is sometimes a problem in India and some other countries.  The uniqueness in my above example is the "8547" portion.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages