RaghuR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

adding a place

i travel extensively in and around kerala and southern tamil nadu. I have spotted a hitherto not marked in google maps. this place is a private guest house of the Maestro Isaignani Ilayaraja , the renowned indian film music composer. this place is at lower camp near Kumily. I have made local enquiries after personal visit to the area and it has been confirmed to be the aforementioned guest house.. Since it is a private abode of a popular public person, it needs Google's approval and moderation before making it public.

2 comments
Level 10

Re: adding a place

Hi @RaghuR

Such a place should not be added (i.e. it's a "non-mappable" place). On this page (though MapMaker is closing in a few days), you can read: 

While Google Map Maker lets you map places you know, there are few locations you're not allowed to add to the map. Places like this may include but aren’t limited to the following:

Private listings and premises:

• Celebrity homes
  • Your home

This means that no matter how renowned Indian film music composer this person is, his private home cannot be added to the public map.

Edit: I could, however, imagine that such places as "the birth place of W. A. Mozart" can be added.

Level 9
Level 9

Re: adding a place

@petocsaba wrote:

Edit: I could, however, imagine that such places as "the birth place of W. A. Mozart" can be added. 

As long as he's not living there any more... https://youtu.be/sjWPXybVjYE?t=12s

Actually listings for dead people's homes is a whole other can of worms - which category, naming convention etc. Needs a separate thread at some point