ayesart's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Working on behalf of Google Maps.

Working on Behalf of Google maps.

I realize the work is on a "volunteer" basis. It takes time and fuel. In essence, to coin an old phrase, time is money.

How many of you think that we should get rewarded by Google in a form that surpasses a "point system?" 

United States Postal Service, Tallahassee Boulevard, Intercession City, FL, United States
6 comments
Level 7

Re: Working on behalf of Google Maps.

It is the same thing with me as a Waze State Manager. I spend hour upon hours with editing the Waze Map. The only thing I get from waze is a regional meet up that Waze pays for. Which really to me is good enough. I wish google maps made it easier to edit. Waze is so much more easier to make changes.

Level 5

Hi: I too find it difficult to work maps. I get notifications from Google about places people have questions on. When I click upon the notification I am transferred to the map instead of directly to the place where a person has a question on. I never bother to try and locate the place on the map. Too much of a hassle and time is money.

Level 8

No I think its for the great good of man kind and (Google), I do it because if I did not no one would (I'm in a rural location in Thailand) and I want any easier life when driving.

Level 6

I am doing this because I am able to use Google Maps, for example, in my Tesla, which is pretty accurate. I am sure that Google is benefiting financially, but then they are taking all the risk. So, my contribution to the rest of the users and contributors, is to be appreciative and enthusiastic about the contributions others are making to continuously improve Googles various products. 

Level 4

I just signed up.  I didn't even do it for the points.  I decided to help because it will benefit many.  I would be lost without Google maps.

Level 7

I just wish google maps was easier to edit. Most have no idea how bad google maps are. Most address are nowhere near correct. Most roads in rural areas are not correct and almost impossible to fix.