sauterelle's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

What to do when a place is always closed, except a few days every year?

There is a cemetary which is only open around All Saints' Day. I want to make the opening hours as accurate as possible, by setting them to "closed 24/7". But contrary to "open 24/7", that is not possible: I can select all days, but I have to indicate some opening hours. What should be done in this case?

Cimetière du Calvaire, Rue du Mont-Cenis, Parijs, Frankrijk
2 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: What to do when a place is always closed, except a few days every year?

This is something local guides can't add, but business owners can, using the Google My Business program. So, you could get in touch with the local authority responsible for it and ask them to claim the POI (if that was not done yet) and then make the change to the opening hours.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Connect Moderator

Re: What to do when a place is always closed, except a few days every year?

Hello @sauterelle,

Any place that is close for 2 weeks or more is to be marked as Closed on the map; please make such an edit.  This will keep people from trying to visit only to find locked gates.  If you wish you can remember to open it for All Saints Day and then close it again after; or as @JanVanHaver mentioned the owners of the place can use Google My Business to set those hours when it gets close to the time so it happens automatically (they can't do it too much ahead of time; it will still require them going in once a year to mark the temporary opening, but at least they can do it a few days ahead of time instead of having to do it precisely when it re-opens and re-closes).

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages