AnadiM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Unable to add new location or delete any wrong information on my area google map

I am not able to add places anywhere on map in the app. When ever I add the right address even the one copied from the nearby places that are already on map I get the enter valid address error and I am not able to add the place. Also there are too many spammed and wrongly added locations on the map of my locality and whenever I try to change some edits are approved but most of them remain pending. There are spammed hospitals that don't exists, schools which are located on roads alongwith ATMs, fire stations. It is creating a real havoc please help me correct all this. I can prove every sort of information and can testify my claims because I live here and if you want can provide de you due proofs. Please let me clear this mess and make maps really informative and genuine not full of spamScreenshot_20171213-164709.png

Like this very case I am adding the place with the suggested address which was given to me by the app only but still I am not able to add it. Also, if you want I can provide you images of the above mentioned fire stations schools etc which are wrongly added on the roads

Jammu and Kashmir
10 comments
Level 7

Re: Unable to add new location or delete any wrong information on my area google map

I am facing the same problem. Whenever I try to add any place, I get the 'Enter a valid address' error. The automatic address detection also does not work. Like you, I am from J&K India too and have been unable to add any new places. I am at level 7 and have managed to add only 15 places so far, that too in the initial days. This is really frustrating.

Level 8

Re: Unable to add new location or delete any wrong information on my area google map

Hi @AnadiM,

Whenever encountering this issue, please try a combination of the following:

1. Determine the correct Full address of the POI
  2. Check the address format of a nearby POI - so that we try to follow the same format as closely as possible.
  3. Try to use both Desktop Maps and Mobile Maps to compare the results
  4. Try to enter the Address manually before move the Place Marker
    1. When moving the Place Marker to the correct possition, when asked, choose not to update the address
  5. If all the above failed:
    1. Start over
    2. Do not enter address
    3. Put the Place Marker to the correct possition
    4. Note down the Address that Maps suggested
    5. Edit the Suggested Address to include missing details
  6. If still failed with Invalid Address
    1. Use Send Feedback - Other Feedback to inform Maps team about this issue.

Level 7

Hi, 

Thank you for your suggestions. I tried all of the above and have also reported the issue using the Send Feedback link many times, but to no avail. Could it be due to local area restrictions.Screenshot_20171215-095953.jpeg

Screenshot_20171215-100249.jpeg

Level 8

Hi @Maqboolean,

I will encourage you to post a comment to this thread: 

How to make good Edits

I asked what is the correct format to enter address for high rise towers and got a reply over there:

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/How-to-make-great-edits-on-Google-Maps/m-p/...

So in your case, you have a Postal Code, but not Street Address.  I guess there might be different requirements to enter the correct address in your case.

Connect Moderator

Hello,

"Opposite xxxxxx" should not be in a physcial address.  That is a description, not an address element; and is completely unnecessary since you are marking the precise location of the place.

Addresses should be in the format of:

Unit#, Street# StreeName

City, County/District, State/Province

Not every element needs to be filled in, for example Unit# and Street# can be optional if not used in the area.

If you are unaware of the physical address of the place, please try placing the marker and then using the system suggested address.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

tha same thing to hapen to me in cyprus.

Level 8

Like this very case I am adding the place with the suggested address which was given to me by the app only but still I am not able to add it. happen many times i thing i have to stop add more thigs on the google map.

we need a solution thanks

Level 7

Nothing happening tried everything but this is really really bad I don't know why it is happening I used desktop and app both but nothing. I sent the feedback to google as well but to no avail. The edits which I wanted to make were very necessary they included emergency services , hospitals but I think google isn't serious in making maps better. I am stuck on the same error again and again. And will someone tell does it take 3 months for an edit to go live? This is not good , google maps are becoming like those closed Apple and window maps. The strictness should be exercised but not with genuine cases and when someone tries to clean the mess created like hospitals on roads, buildings ATMs that too in plain grounds. Google needs to look into it . It very discouraging for someone who is trying to help others. 

Level 7

Hi everybody

I have the same problem in morrocco I can't add any new adress on google maps. It started in the 14/05/2018.

Any solution ????