pmnarsapur's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Traffic data not visible on some road segments even with max zoom level

Below is the link of the area near Dange Chowk, Pune where the traffic data is not visible even at the max zoom level. 

Region with missing traffic data

MissingTrafficData.png

I am not able to find any option in Maps application to change the states of this road so that it can show the correct information. 

It was easier before with MapMaker to mark different attributes of a road segment. 

However with the updated ways of editing map as a feedback option from app or Maps site there aren't much of things we can edit. We can only modify the name, if its incorrectly positioned on doesn't exists. 

Do we get more options as we progress in our Levels? I am currently Level 5. 

4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Traffic data not visible on some road segments even with max zoom level

Hello,

Traffic data has never been something the public can edit or affect.  In Map Maker you would have needed to report the issue.  It is the same in Maps, please use the "Other Feedback/App Feedback" option to report it.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 7

@Flash wrote:

Hello,

Traffic data has never been something the public can edit or affect.  In Map Maker you would have needed to report the issue.  It is the same in Maps, please use the "Other Feedback/App Feedback" option to report it.

Hi Flash, 

I agree that Traffic data was not available for public to edit.

I meant that we had the option to edit the type of the road, such as make it primary road etc., and then the traffic data later on kinda showed up. 

I was actually trying to understand how the traffic data from a road, which showed the status just 2-3 weeks ago, suddenly goes away. Was wondering if it was due to someone had edited the road type or some other attributes. 

Connect Moderator

Only Google can edit those attributes, thus the advice remains the same.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 7

@Flash wrote:

Only Google can edit those attributes, thus the advice remains the same.

Thanks. Will report issues as suggested.