steve111MV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Take a look to my adventure since i received Google's local guide community email.

Legend : My Laboratory (Brazzaville Local Guides community Seat)

Visite PAM & Valerya.jpeg

Two years ago, i was an (maybe) ordinary Android developer following my quest of building the App that everybody wants. I am living in the Capital of the country (Brazzaville)

.Before receiving Local Guides invite email, i was unsuccessfully looking for a way to add new places (my Business place and ICT Laboratory), i think i never googled about that.

Once i got that email, the journey really started.

As far as I remember, i started with my street, i had mapped almost all Business places available on street in 1-2Km in 2 weeks with fact checking. my favorite moment was the evening after school (at the moment i was learning Android Apps Development at Google Developers Group with Google Study jams program).

And i kept on day after day wherever i saw a place that could interest people, i mapped it. at that time i wasn't travelling a lot. all the work focused in my town.

My next challenge were Pharmacies, before engaging as a local guide, my Developers community and I had built an App with pharmacies locations we got from mobile GPS, i then went to each pharmacy to check and if possible add the place or reposition the Point and adding extra details such as phone number because people need Pharmacy phone number and the pharmacy App i was using had all those relevant informations. I had covered almost 60% of the pharmacies.

months after, i found other Local Guides community group on Google+ and created one. people joined me and we're around 15 .

Where to preach "being a LOCAL  GUIDE" ?

I found my way as a local guide, but it's not the case with all those who maybe received the INVITE EMAIL, I targeted Google Developers Group(GDG Brazza) as the main place to evangelize about Map making. presently i'm at level 6 and those some of those new borns have reached level 9. I knew that i couldn't map all the city alone and needed people willing to follow me on the journey and transforming the city on Google Maps

Travelling in Africa

I had reviewed  all places i remembered to have travelled to. i have been in Ivory Coast the last year and i didn't lose a day, shared pictures on the G-Maps and made reviews.

Reviewed some visited places in Accra, Ghana. 

Writing this POST here, where there are like-minded people sharing same values of making the world a better place is just awesome. i have learnt a lot here. One day i wanted to add a BusStop and i posted a question, i got an answer. I hope one day my country public service will actualize those Bus Stops and new ones.

bzv.jpgmap_corniche.jpegmap_pn.jpegmap_ville.jpeg

Africa