AnjoC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Someone renamed a place to all caps and my edits to correct it are still pending

Someone/something renamed a local shopping mall with all capital letters. I've been trying to rename it properly, but all my edits to it have remained pending for months now. This is a popular local destination and it's setting a bad example for naming. What could have gone wrong? Is anyone able to fix this?

Antipolo, Calabarzon, Philippines
3 comments
Level 8

Re: Someone renamed a place to all caps and my edits to correct it are still pending

@AnjoC wrote:

Someone/something renamed a local shopping mall with all capital letters. I've been trying to rename it properly, but all my edits to it have remained pending for months now. This is a popular local destination and it's setting a bad example for naming. What could have gone wrong? Is anyone able to fix this?

I have taken a look at this, and try to change it but its gone "pending", but I notice the website for this location is for toyrus and the category as it as a "toy shop", I thought this was a shopping mall? I think these need changing. 

Level 8

Re: Someone renamed a place to all caps and my edits to correct it are still pending

@colinchaffers wrote:

@AnjoC wrote:

I have taken a look at this, and try to change it but its gone "pending", but I notice the website for this location is for toyrus and the category as it as a "toy shop", I thought this was a shopping mall? I think these need changing. 

Yeah, the name is just one of many issues in this marker. I've tried editing them all, but all my edits have remained pending. From what I know in edit activities here, it would seem like a previous duplicate of Toys'R'Us was merged to the shopping mall rather than to the other Toys'R'Us entry in the area. It's a really annoying problem with marking things duplicate and not having the option to select which other marker is the duplicate.

Level 8

@AnjoC,

It is my understanding that when a suggested edit ends up in a queue for human verification, that there is no point in trying to make the same edit again. By doing so, you would be creating duplicate edits and potentially making the job queue longer.

Personally, I believe your only short-cut here is to deal with the owners of the POI's in question. As claimed business owners, their edits might get applied directly or at least their pending edits end up in another job queue.

I totally share your sentiment that bad examples will lead to other people to follow. Before you know it, all people think, hey bigger looks better and they change their correct, clean name into a "dirty" one. To sooner off the map, the better.

Best wishes, Jeroen