Benja_Mrey's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Someone changed all the information of a pizzeria for another pizzeria

Hello everyone, yesterday I found out that someone changed all the information of a pizzeria.

https://www.google.cl/maps/place/MIS+PAPIS+PIZZA/@-33.5889376,-70.7090496,18z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x9662...

The original name is Pizzería Colón, but someone changed it to MIS PAPIS PIZZA, and changed the location, opening hours, phone number and even the website.

It even has all the photos of the previous place.

I'm trying to send edits to revert it to the original place, but all of them are not getting approved.

Information

Name: Pizzería Colón was changed to MIS PAPIS PIZZA

Address: Colón Sur 907, San Bernardo, Región Metropolitana was changed to Avenida, Sta Marta 0571, San Bernardo, Región Metropolitana

Phone number: 22-856 3113 was changed to 9 7803 4879

Website: pizzeriacolon.cl was changed to mis-papis-pizza.negocio.site

Opening hours: 

• Monday - Thursday: 12:00 - 23:30 hrs.
  • Friday - Saturday: 12:00 - 00:30 hrs.
  • Sunday: 12:00 - 22:00 hrs.

Was changed to:

• Monday - Sunday: 21:00 - 1:00 hrs

Pizzería Colón - Colón Sur, San Bernardo, Chile
3 comments
Level 10

Re: Someone changed all the information of a pizzeria for another pizzeria

Hello Benja_Mrey,

It's somewhat impossible to know if the change was a prank or if it was done by the competition -- my bet is that it was a prank.  Nonetheless, it's frustrating when something like this happens!

My advice is to give it 24 hours and see what happens during that time to your edits.  As you know this place you could suggest that the owner claim the business under Google My Business.  While that won't prevent someone from editing it again, what claiming the business will do is send a notification to the owner that a change (edit) was made, and the owner can immediately sign in to Google My Business and reverse the edit.  If you do mention it to the owner, do mention that everything on Google My Business is free.

Level 7

Hi, I really think it's competition, not a prank, because they even created a website for it.

Talking about the Google My Business, the place was claimed. 

TakenPlace.JPG

I really don't think they will give access to the place, what can we do then?

Level 10

@Benja_Mrey wrote:

Hi, I really think it's competition, not a prank, because they even created a website for it.

Didn't whoever did this just enter the information for a competing pizza place  -- name address, phone, website.  I don't understand that they "created a website" just for this. 

Are you saying there wasn't an existing site for Mis Papis Pizza -- and they (whoever) just hijacked an existing listing instead of creating their own listing?

Do you know if there really is a pizza place (Mis Papis Pizza) at Avenida, Sta Marta 0571, San Bernardo, Región Metropolitana? 

Talking about the Google My Business, the place was claimed.

Did the information get changed yesterday, or did you discover it was changed yesterday?   I presume when you say "the place was claimed" you mean that the person who hijacked the listing (Mis Papis Pizza) then claimed the listing.

The owner of the Pizzería Colón business should contact Google My Business (GMB) on Monday.  GMB has a forum dedicated just to ownership  conflicts such as this -- and the experts at GMB are often able to resolve the conflicts relatively quickly.  The owner could also report a violation concerning this third party who has hijacked a listing.   (links are to the English version of GMB -- sorry : (

For clarity, I don't believe there's really anything more you can do at this point relative to the misappropriated claimed listing.  The owner will need to contact GMB to resolve this.  -- of course you could assist him/her if they need a hand understanding it all ; )