SamDa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Serious Map Issues in Puyallup

Hi there. My parents are moving, and there are some massive issues with the map/address/street data in the area in their new neighborhood. Here is their general area:

https://goo.gl/maps/a7qnqu1kBx92

I have some specific information that I would like to share privately with the Google Maps people, but I don't know how to get them to work on major data issues.

Puyallup, WA, United States
4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Serious Map Issues in Puyallup

I'm sorry, but we will be unable to help you without specific information.  Placing something on the map makes it public and this it should be able to be discussed here.

If your issue is that you don't wish to reveal their specific address; that is understandable and we can work around that.

Looking at the gated community you pointed us to, is the issue that these roads are just internal roads and should not have names?

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 6

Thank you for the reply Flash. You are correct that I don't want to reveal their exact address. The map point I shared initially is in the correct area, but not in the correct neighborhood. 

When you search for their address, you are directed to the wrong neighborhood/location. Additionally, the specific street that their house is on is listed incorrectly. 

I'm not sure how to share this information privately. Do you have any suggestions?

Connect Moderator

You can send me the information via private message.  Note that I am not a Google employee, but I do this often and will not reveal the information.

To send me a private message, click on my name to get to my profile and there will be a link there to private message me.

Please note that due to the volume of unsolicited messages I get, I do not normally monitor those messages.  For that reason please post here that you sent the message so that I know to go look for it.  Please also note that I'll respond here rather than through that system, but that I'll do so without revealing their information.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 6

Thank you for the response. I decided I'd just go with putting in ~10 edit requests on Google Maps itself in that area. It would be nice if someone could go and make sure that area is correct though.

Specifically, one street ("175th Street E") is in the wrong place, but I don't know what the road that is currently labeled "175th Street E" is actually called. Also, "127th Street" was not labeled on the map, and other partial road segments are incorrect. I'm guessing there are more issues in the area that I haven't found/reported yet.