ArnauC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

River view

hello

Anyone has think about to do a "street view" but along a river? I work in the Catalan Water Agency, and it can be a interesting adventure and a diferent point of view.

what do you think?

Arnau

Barcelona, Spain
3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: River view

Hello,

Google already has thought of this, and makes a Street View setup to go on a boat.  You can explore the Amazon River here, it has it's own website as it was the first; and then you can also explore it and many other water bodies on the map itself.  I recently noticed that the most of the coastline in San Francisco now has Street View images, this place will be familiar to a number of the mapping experts.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello,

Google already has thought of this, and makes a Street View setup to go on a boat.  You can explore the Amazon River here, it has it's own website as it was the first; and then you can also explore it and many other water bodies on the map itself.  I recently noticed that the most of the coastline in San Francisco now has Street View images, this place will be familiar to a number of the mapping experts.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 7

thanks !! it will be nice to see in much more rivers in GMaps to make people awareness of the environment !

Level 6

Just look at my city in Palembang South Sumatra Indonesia.My Grandparent house is between two riversMuara Sungai Aur dan Sungai MusiMuara Sungai Aur dan Sungai Musi