mjpatel222's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Re: How Can I edit the name of a road ?

Hello Jagadeesh Reddy

About two months ago I sent back feedback on how a road outside our newly built colony had been wrongly labelled. I also explained in detail what the name of the road (and other around our place) should be.  Instead I now find that the wrongly named road is now the name for a whole network of roads around where I live!  So now Uber taxis take anything up to 20 minutes to find the segment of the road on which our house is located.

I think for India, google maps is far too focused on gathering information and not so much on rectifying errors (for example we now have TWO Karnavati Club Road off SG Highway 😞 

Anyway can fellow local guides share any more information about I can reach out to the google map editors so that this mess can be cleared up FAST.

best

MPl 

@Jagadeesh_Reddy wrote:

Hi @MidhuMadav Welcome to Local Guide Connect Community

You can add road or rename a road by sending feedback by below steps.

To rename a road. Follow this procedure.

• Open the Google Maps app for Android
  • Tap = to open the side menu
  • Scroll down to “Send Feedback”
  • Tap “Edit the map”
  • Tap the road segment you want to edit
  • Tap “Next”
  • Suggest the changes for the road you selected (Name, Incorrectly drawn, One-way/two-way, Closed, or Private)
  • Tap Send.

Hey my friend @MelbinM try to provide steps in first reply instead of redirecting to link, cos most of then are using mobile for LG 🙂 it'll he helpful if we give them the steps so that they don't have to go here and there, I really appreciate your efforts 😊

I hope this information will help you @MidhuMadav.

2 comments
Connect Moderator

Hello @mjpatel222,

I have moved your post to it's own thread.  In any forum, when your issue differs from the thread please always create your own thread in order to ensure both the original issue and your issue both get the full attention they deserve.

If the roads have been incorrectly updated then you will need to submit a new edit with new information.  Everyone's edits are considered important and thus there is not any methods to skip the queue.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

Hi @mjpatel222 Nice to meet you again :).

If you sent a feedback back I strongly recommend you to wait my friend. It took two and half months for my road suggestion to get approved once my suggestion was approved by Google I recieved a email stating my feedback has been approved and the road segment has been fixed.

Note: don't try to send new feedbacks for same place frequently cos your old feedback will the in queue for review and the recent one will be in queue for review process.

Just give them some more time, if you suggestion is valid what has been done will be done by Google :).

Regards,

Jagadeesh.

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.