Bunpeng's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Place creation took longer than 3 days to appear on google map

I create a beekeeping farm last week and got email confirmation immediately that it is added and took up to 24 hours to appear on google map but it took actually more than 3 days. why is that?

Cambodia
3 comments
Level 10

Re: Place creation took longer than 3 days to appear on google map

Hi BunpengH,

I  don't think anyone can say precisely why your edit took 3 days (or more).

I had forgotten that Google Maps now says updates will appear within 24 hours.  In the days of Map Maker, I used to say "your update will appear within 0-72 hours", as sometimes the change was virtually instantaneous, while other times it would be much longer.  As I recall an edit updates Google Search first, then Google Earth, and then Google Maps. Each is a separate product. (It could be that Maps is updated before Earth -- not 100% sure).

In my experience, it often seems the edit I want to be published the quickest experiences delays 😞

Again, I know this doesn't precisely answer your question.

Level 8

it is written in the confirmation email that it take UP TO 24 hours

Connect Moderator

Your edit most likely was on the map within minutes of the approval.

Search, however, is a separate product and it takes time for information to propagate to it.  It used to take weeks, it now takes a lot less; but there is still a delay until you are going to be able to find it by searching.

When Map Maker was still available we could use other data obtained from it to find your edit right after publishing, but now that it is close we are completely dependent on search to find your edit.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages