aka_Rὁn's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Optional E-mail Notifications for "NOT APPLIED" Contributions

It appears that the work that I put into editing and then later attempting to illustrate a particular IDEA for the new IDEA EXCHANGE forum has been removed without notice as the graphic was deemed to be "largely incorrect" even though it did not entirely encapsulate the subject of the actual contribution.

I also posted a screenshot of the comment that was posted by a Level 9 Moderator which was one of the many sources that I used before designing the text-image graphic.

The way that this forum is now being policed is certainly not either "inclusive" nor an "enjoyable" experience unless one is happy to simply post congratulatory comments about the new format.

In order for me to resubmit the edits that were instantly rejected by the automated system I needed to be able to trace them first and when I discovered that the new system no longer provide ANY means of doing this beyond a matter of a few days and that the "NOT APPLIED" responses were not being confirmed via e-mail notifications I realised that there were serious gaps in the current system.

Instead of receiving support for these issues from those who police our  discussions - and who are able to close down our conversation whenever they please - we are fed the usual company policy line and informed that the amount of time, resource and effort we are wasting is something which we should be willing to accept.

This is precisely why I have all but given up on making any further contributions to Google Maps until I begin to see that some of these issues are taken seriously. and actually addressed by the developers.

None of the points I raised in this thread about the fact that we are not currently allowed to delete some of our own content have been addressed.

Instead the kneejerk response is the same-old same-old one that has becoming depressingly commonplace - the smarmy talking-down, the justification of the status quo and the implication that most of the problems are due to our breaking of the rules.

For anyone who has taken a great deal of time to ensure that each and every piece of data submitted is entirely accurate and verifiable and who has uploaded photos to provide evidence of businesses which are in new premises I can only stomach so much of these unpleasant and ill-mannered intrusions.

■ "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?" ■ "Who watches the watchers ?" ■ the satirical poet, Juvenal ■ 1st century Rome ■
Level 7

Decrease_Your_Trust_Levels.png

Online advice provided by a Level 9 Moderator about the dangers of repeated attempts to submit valid edits which have already resulted in an immediate automated NOT APPLIED response.

■ "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?" ■ "Who watches the watchers ?" ■ the satirical poet, Juvenal ■ 1st century Rome ■
Connect Moderator

It appears that the work that I has been removed without notice as the graphic was deemed to be "largely incorrect"

No one has said that, and you have no evidence of such a thing.  Your posts are littered with unsupported conclusions.

If any policing is occurring it would be attempts to correct what you said or it would be due to your habit of not following the rules of the forum.  But you will notice that while you posts might be moved because you continually break the rule of keeping a topic in one place; your posts have not been removed and thus stating that removal of your Idea Exchange post must have happened is baseless.

That moderator would be wrong, by the way, if he had said that.  Most of the moderators here have little mapping knowledge; that is not what the Local Guides program is about.  However, what he said was that it was OK to try again; just that you should not continually try over and over again.  That matches what I already told you, instead you should seek help to see what's wrong.

You also like to dig up very old posts, many are before the moderators you are quoting became moderators.

In this case it's a fresh post, but I'll also let you know his first two bullet points are also incorrect.  That information is easily spoofed and thus if things worked that way then spammers would exploit it.

Instead of receiving support for these issues from those who police our  discussions - and who are able to close down our conversation whenever they please - we are fed the usual company policy line and informed that the amount of time, resource and effort we are wasting is something which we should be willing to accept.

That statement is also completely baseless.  You have been offered help over and over again.  You have refused it at every step.  The offer is still open, post the complete details of some of your denied edits and the mapping experts that are here will attempt to assist you.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 7

Although the very point I have been trying to make over and over is that the LG Connect System does not provide me with the means to trackback all of the contributions that I made so that I am not able to even know the names of the businesses that I had submitted as "missing places" which - apart from one - received an immediate "NOT APPLIED" response I am still being accused of not providing the extensive details so that I can be "helped".

If the current system provided us with a means to trace our attempts and/or provided e-mail notifications of the "NOT APPLIED" results then this situation would not have so easily arisen.

Instead of looking into the crux of the matter, it appears that the inclination of those that police our conversations is to try to find fault instead and to ignore the issue at hand.

Is it any wonder that some of us prefer the help and advice of other Local Guides rather than the snark produced by some of the appointed moderators ?

This entire enterprise seems to be a colossal waste of time to me now having read through a  (locked and dead) 77-page comment thread and witnessed the same  officious and unhelpful behaviour pattern when others have raised similar issues.

What made matters worse was that the first time I tried to post a comment regarding the problems with the automated system one of the moderators CHOSE to pretend it was a continuation of an old - and closed - thread and promptly moved it to the very end of that same 77-page locked thread where nobody could respond to it further.

If that is not some kind of censorship then I do not know what is and if the IDEA that I posted was removed because somebody behind the scenes deemed the graphic to be "largely incorrect" then it would have made a lot more sense to (temporarily - or permanently) remove that image rather than to hide the entry from the IDEA EXCHANGE forum.

More effort is made by the appointed "helpers" to humiliate users and to justify their own positions and opinions then in trying to resolve matters.

Who on earth would accept the offer of "help" from individuals who handle our legitimate concerns in such a manner ?

If life has taught me anything it has been that there  is absolutely nothing to be gained from engaging with such individuals.

Since joining the LG Connect Community the only detailed help I have been given that has proved effectual has come from other experienced contributors while those whose role is meant to be to provide such information have wasted their time and mine in the kinds of game-playing that is evident in their officious responses and absence of empathy.

It seems that to some of them this is all about winning arguments rather than providing workable solutions and that is counter-productive in the context of what is meant to be a user-to-user open discussion forum.

How many more times will I have to go through all of this before one of the decision-makers takes a much closer look at how well-intentioned contributors are being talked down to by those they have appointed ?

😞

Level 6

I just spent 15 minutes 

explaining how my work just keeps vanishing the moment I hesitate to think what else needs saying, and my work seems to timeout and I get kicked out and my answer to an email, whatever work it is just disappears!? This is a new problem. I have spent so many hours trying to catch up on my emails and no wonder I can't catch up!

I have to keep rewriting them!?

I think it feels like a time out but it's not happening now? Why not? Maybe it is fixed! Hooray!!

ChristineBrandon
Level 6

I just spent 15 minutes 

explaining how my work just keeps vanishing the moment I hesitate to think what else needs saying, and my work seems to timeout and I get kicked out and my answer to an email, whatever work it is just disappears!? This is a new problem. I have spent so many hours trying to catch up on my emails and no wonder I can't catch up!

I have to keep rewriting them!?

I think it feels like a time out but it's not happening now? Why not? Maybe it is fixed! 

ChristineBrandon