MichaelGwiz's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Open / Closed Businesses - how about "moved"

😄 Yes I also think something has been changed. Sure. We'll wait for Gregg response about this (for verified and unverified businesses)

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Level 8

@Amiran

I went to the Google Maps forum, also because I never really asked a question there and always do it on Connect. Well that was rather a good experience actually, I got expert responses withing a very short time.

This is the outcome:

Treebles said:
Making the change of address directly in the My Business dashboard for verified business listing has been the recommended procedure for a long time, it is not something new.
For unverified business listings the proper procedure was to report the old location as closed and create a new business listing for the new location. It is still a procedure that can be followed.
Google finally implemented the option to provide the address of the new location when reporting that a business has moved elsewhere through Maps. If the edit is confirmed by the reviewer the Google employee will close the old location and create a listing for the new location if the business listing is unverified.

Level 10

Thanks for following it up. But I'm not sure if one Google reviewer look into it definitely. Because I've reported one moved business by "Moved elsewhere" option and my edit approved instantly without reviewing by a person at Google. This caused doubt for me about better way. Anyway as you told still I think when Google prepared this method this can be a good way for moved businesses.

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides