Texan_Perspectives's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Not Applied. Place Added.

I have attempted to add a place... it clearly exists... and is one of the "Hidden Gems" in the Grand Lake, Colorado area... I am trying help others find this location....I have submitted the addition, but for some reason it was "Not Applied" ... clearly if you look at the three photos included... you can see the large parking area... the ranger cabin (used for ranger talks, ranger lead hikes, and ranger lead clinics), and having personally been there... this lake is stocked for fishing... there is a 5 mile hiking trail that circles the lake, there are historic artifacts there from the old timber industry, there are other trails that lead deeper into the Arapaho National Forest... and this is all in a fee use area.. that is only $2.00 a day per car.... this place rocks... and nobody knows it is here... how can I get past the "Not Applied" choice and have it added... as this is part of our National Forest System and very OPEN to the PUBLIC with lots of activities......

Link to Google Map location in question:
https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/112373449458998437494/edits/@40.1108593,-105.746837,205m/data=!3...

Screenshot #1 - Showing the location as "Not Applied" and the location in question.
This is the area in question....This is the area in question....
Screenshot #2 - Showing the location as "Not Applied" and a satalite view of the location in question.Using the satellite image, you can see the road and parking area...Using the satellite image, you can see the road and parking area...
Screenshot #3 - Clearly shows the large parking area, trailhead, and Ranger Cabin.Zoomed in, it is easy to see the LARGE PUBLIC PARKING AREA and the small Ranger Cabin at the trailhead... used for Ranger Talks, Ranger Hikes, and Ranger Clinics on all manner of outdoor activities...Zoomed in, it is easy to see the LARGE PUBLIC PARKING AREA and the small Ranger Cabin at the trailhead... used for Ranger Talks, Ranger Hikes, and Ranger Clinics on all manner of outdoor activities...

Arapaho National Recreational Area Parking - FEE, County Road 697, Grand Lake, CO, United States
6 comments
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Not Applied. Place Added.

Long post but you haven't actually said what you are trying to add? Looking at your screen shots all I can guess is you are trying to add Monarch Lake as that's what says Not Applied? 

Monarch Lake is already listed https://goo.gl/maps/rQpG176jKtq

Level 7

I am newer to this... so I apologize for the length of my questions... as I attempted to add the place... as I am a bit confused... when I zoom in on Google Maps... sometimes a marker will appear... indicating what is there... when I did so here, no marker appeared for Monarch Lake... you apparently found it and I can now see, if one searches for Monarch Lake it appears... but if one just zooms in while exploring the map, no marker or other information other than the lake being visible and the name listed... I am of the opinion, that this really cool "hidden" place that should be easier to find,  as it has amenities for the public; including ranger led activities, bathrooms, and parking... This should include something that would indicate it is a PUBLIC place, that has been developed by the Forest Service, and has been created and maintained for visitors or all ages and abilities.. and not just some named hiking location. An example is Strawberry Lake located near by, that is only accessible by hiking to it, has no amenities or other features that would make it a destination ... ... I am newer to this .. but am trying to make the PUBLIC areas more visible in this area that is dependant on tourists and visitors from out of town....  Please forgive me if I am doing this the hard way... I am able to learn and just want the information to be better for those visiting...

Level 6

OK to me it seems that when you are using the desktop version of maps and are a level 3 or above, you can add places into the maps that are missing, but I only see it for the desktop.

Level 10

I think the point is that not every poi(point of interest)  is shown on maps. Only google itself choose the visibility of a marker. It depends on many factors. Like recent searches, popularity of the place and so on.

Level 10

This is occurring off and on. Really a matter of disheartened and disgraceful. 

Google Team should intervene and resolve the issue.

Level 10

Not clear about your query to help.