GaneshKrishnaS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

New Road /place adding issue

Hi...GLG

I added some places in Google map by Google Map Maker and some places got approved and some places not... I have some questions...

1. How much time will take to approve new place...?

2. Some places not approved even it reviewed by other.... Why ?

3. Approved places is not visible in Google Map... Why...? How many day will take to approve in Google map...?

4. Some places visible in Google map only when we search it.... Why...?

Need your clarification

Thank You...

Ganesh Krishna Soordelu
https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/107546818522123617136/reviews/@13.0054542,77.5676733,13z?hl=en
9 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: New Road /place adding issue

Hi @GaneshKrishnaS,

1.  It depends:

a.  If the change need Google Reviewer Moderation, it can take up to 5 weeks, which is the current queue length for GR.

b.  If the change need Region Lead approval, it can take up to 1 week.

c.  If the change depends on another pending change, it will not be queued for review until the pending change is reviewed

Thus the guide line from Mapmaker Forum is, if your change is not reviewed within the 5w/1w time frame, you can submit a review request with a link to the Mapmaker edits, so that the Experts can look into the details.

2.  Approval and Denial by others did not count.  Only the RL / Google Reviewer decision is final.  We can appeal the decisions though.

3.  Approved changes will be Searchable not Visible.  Please note my reply to @MicheleMarques below.

4.  This is the same question to 3.

@ganesh KrishnaS wrote:

Hi...GLG

I added some places in Google map by Google Map Maker and some places got approved and some places not... I have some questions...

3. Approved places is not visible in Google Map... Why...? How many day will take to approve in Google map...?

Need your clarification

Thank You...

View solution in original post

Level 7

I am wondering the same. I recently added a business. I can see it when I search, but it doesn't show up when I look at the map. 

Would it show up if the owners claim the business in Google Maps?

Level 8

Hi @MicheleMarques,

As far as adding a place is concerned, when it can be find by Search in Maps, then the addition is fine and done.

What you are looking for is, to have a Place Label displayed in Maps in certain Zoom level, it is solely determined by Google's algorithm, and it is specific to the Maps user that is looking at the Map.

How to make a place have a Label displayed, is in the domain of SEO, it will be better to ask at the Google Advertiser Community.

Level 8
Solution

Hi @GaneshKrishnaS,

1.  It depends:

a.  If the change need Google Reviewer Moderation, it can take up to 5 weeks, which is the current queue length for GR.

b.  If the change need Region Lead approval, it can take up to 1 week.

c.  If the change depends on another pending change, it will not be queued for review until the pending change is reviewed

Thus the guide line from Mapmaker Forum is, if your change is not reviewed within the 5w/1w time frame, you can submit a review request with a link to the Mapmaker edits, so that the Experts can look into the details.

2.  Approval and Denial by others did not count.  Only the RL / Google Reviewer decision is final.  We can appeal the decisions though.

3.  Approved changes will be Searchable not Visible.  Please note my reply to @MicheleMarques below.

4.  This is the same question to 3.

@ganesh KrishnaS wrote:

Hi...GLG

Need your clarification

Thank You...

Level 7

Thanks for the explanation.

Level 2

thanks for the response is recently added a place and it took 24hrs and it was approved, then i added another its now 3 days not yet approved

Level 8

@mugangao

Each edit is independent.  So unless the pending time is longer than the nominal queue length, we just need to wait.

Level 7

It turns out that being displayed on the maps while browsing can also take time. 3 weeks after I added the business, it showed up.

Sadly, Google guessed the wrong address from my pin placement, and now the business shows up at that actual address location (across the street, so not sure why that was the Google guess). I edited the address to correct it on the same day... hopefully will be corrected within another couple of weeks.

Level 8

Hi @MicheleMarques,

Not just take time, there is no way to make sure a Place will be shown while Browsing the Map.  (Compare what got displayed first when you do a Google Search, you got the idea.)

When a Place is added, the only thing sure is, it will got included when search with a correct terms.

What people see while browsing with different Zoom Levels, will base on:

- the user (you added that place, so it got displayed to YOU, more likely)

- the "popularity" rating of the Place (if more people search for it, more popular, etc)

- Advertisement

Level 8

Having The Same Issue..