ShaneNottingham's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Nc roads need to be added

I am trying to get maps to add suggested roads in North Carolina. But I am getting no response.

Asheville, NC, United States
4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Nc roads need to be added

Hello,

The queue for such changes is quite long.

In addition, once your edit reaches the top of the queue it will need to be confirmed via one of Google's resources.  That will not normally be an delaying issue, but might somtimes be a factor.

We are all experiencing similar delays; all we can do is advise that you be patient.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 6

How long is the average queue usually? One area has been WEEKs.

I'm an area manager on Waze. I can expect some delays, but this seems to be excessive. Especially with how long the gis data has been available.

Level 7

@ShaneNottingham, Greetings from fast-developing Brunswick Cty.

The last road edit Ive seen published, or heard anyone mention, took 52 days.  I suspect the delays are even longer.

Maps is about to release an update, but it wont have features that help with map editing, it seems from what's being said about it in the tech press.

There might be an agreement between NCDOT and Google to for the upload of GIS data to Maps.  Maybe you could check that out with some phone calls or emails.  Sorry, but I dont have any contact info for them.

Connect Moderator

As stated, the delay is currently longer than a few weeks.  With the closure of Map Maker and with advanced editing not yet added to Maps it means Googlers must do all the edits, which has resulted in the queue.

Especially with how long the gis data has been available.

I'm not sure why that would make a difference.  As an area manager on Waze, I would expect that you should know that such resources cannot be used.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages