Niecieden's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

NOT APPLIED · Place creation

I have just visited a new restaurant and attempted to create a new entry for it on Google Maps. I included hours of opening, a photograph of the restaurant details, photos of the interior and meals, phone number and website but the entry was immediately rejected.

The address was previously a different restaurant and I have marked this entry permanently closed and which has been accepted.

The new restaurant that I attempted to add to Google Maps is called Flavour **####***, and I can only presume that the rejection is due to what appears to be an inappropriate word in the title. However, there are numerous online articles about the chef and the restaurant, all of which can verify the name. Website is flavourbastard.com

Reviews:

Time Out

Hot Dinners

The Caterer

How can resolve this?

In posting this message, I see that the word in question has been blanked out - to try and make this work, here is is with spaces inserted: bas tar d

London, United Kingdom
25 comments
Level 8

Re: NOT APPLIED · Place creation

Hi @Niecieden,

Maps rejects a perfect edit, sometimes is because it do not has enough facts to approve it.  Please be noted that approval vis done by computer algorithm.

Please summit the edit again later, and again, when Maps got enough facts, it will got approved.

Level 8

@YK1001 wrote:

Hi @Niecieden,

Maps rejects a perfect edit, sometimes is because it do not has enough facts to approve it.  Please be noted that approval vis done by computer algorithm.

Please summit the edit again later, and again, when Maps got enough facts, it will got approved.

Hi there SampsonF

Thanks for your reply, is appreciated.

I've come across this problem before and understand how the algorithm works, but am not sure this name will ever get approved because of the restaurant using what the algorithm deems to be an inappropriate word.  I submitted every detail and evidence the form requests, so not sure how Maps can harvest more facts. Would it be worth letting the restaurant know? Would they be able to submit their trading name in a way that would be immediately accepted? I don't think it's fair that they can't be viewed on Google Maps because of this. Is very frustrating.

Level 8

@Niecieden,

This is a good question.

Is sentivite keywords allowed in place names?

I am moving you post to Mapping your World board, so that experts can weight in.

Level 8

Thank you @YK1001SampsonF! Will be interesting to see a solution!

Level 8

Rif.: NOT APPLIED · Place creation

Hi @Niecieden, It is probably for the word inappropriate in the title.

SAL_B Italy
Connect Moderator

Normally the algorithms do not reject edits for possible offensive language, but rather those are flagged for later human review.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

Interested in this as I have twice tried to add a new community facility , The Wakes, in Oakengates ,Telford, Shropshire, UK. The first time I added it with details of website, phone number ,opening times and location but it was rejected. So I took some photographs and resubmitted today and again it was rejected! 

What do I do?CAM_0576.JPG

Level 8

Hi @ColinUKtyke

I don't know I'm afraid. It's frustrating, isn't it? I'm hoping that someone at Google Maps will be able to help us out with the problem. There isn't any way of adding notes to a submission to help clarity any issues that crop up. Maybe Google could enable a short free text box as part of a new entry.

Connect Moderator

This issue has been discussed many times of the forum, I encourage you to search and read over what was said in those rather than trying to create a new thread on the same topic.

If you are instead looking for specific advice as to what might be causing the issue, please supply full details of the edit; making guesses without details serves little purpose. We would need the exact location and precisely what you filled into each blank.

@ColinUKtyke, if you wish similar advice then please start your own thread.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages