Luis_Alves's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

My edit is taking long and customers of a business are being miss guided...

I have requested an edit for this Business location and it's taking ages.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ortopedia+Sorrisos/@37.1004946,-8.6810166,20.81z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0...

Customers are going to the old store and they are getting annoyed...

Can you guys please help?

3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: My edit is taking long and customers of a business are being miss guided...

Hello @Luis_Alves, do you happen to know the business owner of that place? If so, it might be a good idea to ask him to claim his business (see also this blog post).

When a business is claimed, the owner has much more control of the data on Maps.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 7

Hi Jan,

Yes I know the business owner, he's my Nephew. I was the one who created the spot and told him to claim, he didn't do it, now he moved to another store and if he claims now the letter will go to the previous store... and he no longer has access to that mail. It's too late to claim ownership now.

Connect Moderator

Hello @Luis_Alves,

What your nephew is going to need to do is to make a GMB claim for the new location, and mark the old location as closed.

Otherwise I'm afraid there is no process to skip the queues; each edit is considered important and they are looked at in order.  That is the overall rule, but since you are related to the owner we cannot help you at all but must advise you to use the GMB program; the LG program is for individuals only.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages