RachelR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9
Level 9

Re: My Profile Might Accidentally Be Marked as a Spammer?

@PatricL I can confirm your theory is not correct (I made over 20 approved edits yesterday).

If you are having issues with any particular edits you can create a new thread and include maps links and screenshots, the forum will advise

Level 7

That's actually great news.

I just have to figure out what I do wrong then.

Level 3

@PatricL, are the edits you are making all for a particular industry?

Level 7

Depend how you see it, if you call Google map spammers an industry.

The mess here is beyond believe.

I'm trying to clean up areas where I'm either working with other project, or getting annoyed by spam pictures/info/poi that shouldn't be there.

Usually a very short lived experience.

Mostly like picture of the Eiffel Tower(or similar things) which everybody know is in France, but picture is placed on a Café called Paris far far away from Paris as we now it.

Then the massive spammer, adding others/copyrighted pictures just for fun to get points or what ever. 500 points in one day. Then never heard of again.

ATM machines placed in forests or in a lakes. Things like everybody know isn't true.

Same POI added in 6 different languages or simply miss-spelled in 400 different ways.

Every time I get the first "will be reviewed", my edits are pretty much dead for a week until I can start edit again.

No. 5 is a very common factor for me.

Probably it's me doing wrong the 5th time and party is over for a while.

I guess I have to figure out what I do wrong.

One thing could be that I'm trying to edit a claimed business, and then light's out.

Have to be more carful with claimed business.

A repeated issue is Burger King.

US webpage is bk.com

But I'm not living there and here we have a Facebook page for BK.

Funny part is; it's BK's managers from here calling me to fix it and I guess main BK office in US have a script running that blocks it.

A lot of funky stuff is going on that we don't know about, but we feel the consequences of it.

Be careful with editing claimed business, I think this is our biggest problem.

Check before editing if it's claimed or not, if it's claimed, better call for a moderator to check what can be done.

Mainly I'm just drawing a blank in this subject.

Not much that makes any sense.

Level 9
Level 9

I didn't really want to take this off topic but since the thread is Rachel's and she asked you a question I'll go ahead

@PatricL wrote:

A repeated issue is Burger King.

US webpage is bk.com

But I'm not living there and here we have a Facebook page for BK.

Using social media and third party websites in a map listing info can be problematic. They're not banned but they shouldn't be used if there is a better business controlled option. In the case of Burger King France each branch has an official page eg https://www.burgerking.fr/restaurants/q/paris-opera-italiens so there's no reason to link to a FB page. 

Level 7

Sorry for the off topic.

Once, someone added bk.com as webpage in BG, and it can't be removed.

There is no bk.bg or burgerking.bg

bk.com has burgers that we never heard about here and is of no use for us.

They only have https://www.facebook.com/BurgerKingBG/

If the reason is that they only have a Facebook page, I'll tell them this next time.

This might start the process of doing their own webpage.

As there have been discussions about making Spheres in each place and make a webpage, but it's never been finalized.

As far as I know they work on an app for mobile phones, not sure if it's released yet.

Level 9
Level 9

@PatricL wrote:

There is no bk.bg or burgerking.bg

Ah your reference to Paris made me think you were in France. 

If BK only has a FB page in your territory then it would, by the rules, be correct to use. Unfortunately that doesn't necessarily mean edits won't be problematic, such is the nature of the beast, not everything works as it should - spam gets approved and good edits get denied. C'est la vache, as a Frenchman earing burgers in Bulgaria might say