SirJMD's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Beach as location

@upeksha1996 wrote:

Why cant we add a beach as a location? Or is there is already a way to add?

Hello my dear @upeksha1996 if you are unable to add a beach. 

You can also add it as a label. 

Keep smiling and contributing to Google Map 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

@upeksha1996 wrote:

Why cant we add a beach as a location? Or is there is already a way to add?

@upeksha1996  Hello, yes you can add beach as a Location, there is a Category name "Beach Resort". That is what we use in adding Beaches. Sometimes also the words and category vary from country to country language, So if you call it beach in your country, yes you can add it.

Please find below an attached imageBeach.png

Level 10

@upeksha1996 I see you are also new here, please let me give you a few tips on how you can get started here on connect

• Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already. 
  • Use a descriptive title for your post to make it easier for people to know whether they should open it. 
  • Use the Location field to geotag your post to a specific place, but make sure its important to the content of the post.  
  • Don't share personal information on the forums, check out the private messaging option instead. 
  • This area has helpful information about the Local Guides program in case you have more questions. 
  • To host a meetup please visit this board: Lets Meet Up you would find valuable tips on how to organise a meetup and also search for local guides near you
  • This place allows you to /Share-Your-Photos

Please can you  Introduce Yourself here :Introduce Yourself June we would love to know about you, we hope to see you soon 🙂

Connect Moderator

Hello @HelloSamsonR

I think we can't add beach as a location.

beach & beach resort both categories​ are different. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Connect Moderator

@NareshDarji is correct, Beach Resort is something different than Beach.

One should not use workarounds to add items to the map; but rather if it does not seem the category is available one should investigate whether the feature is either not mappable at all or must be mapped by Googlers.  If you are unsure you can post in the forum for advice if a search does not provide your answer.

In this case the question has been asked many times so I have merged the thread into an already existing one.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 7

@Flash wrote:

...investigate whether the feature is either not mappable at all or must be mapped by Googlers....

Any tips on how to distinguish between these two possibilities?

Level 10

@Flash We are all learning here, so i will love to learn from you als?o :)... Please can you tell me the difference between a beach and a beach resort ?

Connect Moderator

A beach is the (almost always) natural feature... the strip of land along the water.

A beach resort is a hotel on a beach.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 6

I didn't see that thread, Sorry for posting again. Thanks for the info. So it haven't resolved yet, isn't it?

Level 7

Sorry to write an answer in this post when i already read an answer that says question have been answered many times in previous posts. being a bit bad boy, hope i'm not trasnlating too badly my spanish 😉

this post is the first one i found when searching the keyword "beach" in the community forum. That's the reason i reply here.

I really miss category "beach" in google street view app, in my android smartphone. The Map Maker that seems to have o had cathegory "beach" is not available in Spain so we can only use Google Maps app to add new places (yes, or Google Maps on computer if i'm not wrong).

"Beach Resort" is translated to "Complejo de Playa" and in spanish or english, i understand an hotel with some other buildings on the beach, and is not what i see many times when there are no Beach Resort at all, and only a sand beach with maybe a bar or "chiringuito" nearby, but that's far from being a "resort" unles i'm wrong with the meaning of "resort" and "complejo". So i use the cathgory "atracción turística", "tourist atraction" that for my understanding is more apropriate for many things and places.

Seriously, i cannot locate a "beach" as a "resort" when i know there is only sand and salt water around 😉

And that's my complaint 🙂

Anyway, i would understand that "beach" cathgory was not available because map would not be easy to view if we add all the beach names in the map as locations.

ok, sorry to write so much words just to say i really would apreciate to be abble to choose the "beach" cathegory in the Google Street View app no matter the explanations explaining the lack of this cathegory or location tag i have read 😉

Cheers 🙂 and have a nice day!!!

btw, i share some photos i took two weeks ago and where i added a location near Lires, Galicia, Spain, where the "beach" shows up with "low tide" (marea baja) and only one little piece of sand remains when there is "high tide" (marea alta):

https://www.google.es/maps/place/Cala+Delfin+-+Lires/@42.9959348,-9.2607746,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m...

https://goo.gl/maps/UkBE9kyjBa42

If you come to Spain to do the "Camino de Santiago" don't miss this place if you go to "Fisterra" (Finisterre) and pass near or accross village "Lires", and also don't miss "Playa Lires" whis "low tide" and walking around till half "high tide".

bla bla bla i'm talk too much lol

best regars and enjoy your time 😉

Echa un vistazo a las contribuciones de Morris Garcia en Street View: https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/113708471581967879867/photos