WaweruM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Merging duplicate places on the map

LucioV, I reported second place as dublicate... will see what will happen 🙂

Ecology University Master degree, happy married, father of a child with Down Syndrome. I love contributing to Google maps, fixing errors, adding new places and help people using the map.
Level 2

Duplicate places

Gazi

Former Google Contributor

Re: Duplicate places

Hi @abulkalamg and welcome to Connect!

Since this particular issue was already discussed in this section of the community, I decided to move your post in here. You will find in here some useful information on how to merge duplicate places. If you are interested in knowing how to report this kind of issue please check this post.

Before posting, please make sure to check out the program rules and this post with tips on how to best participate and interact in this community. If you have any questions, first search in the community as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already.

I hope that this was useful!

Cheers,

Klaudiya

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Thanks for good info..

But 

Google can actually merge Duplicate content???

becouse of some Reason..when network is slow, or other reason, that time we can't see a Original place..

then create a Duplicate place..

some Google Guide putting their Efforts & contribution for Maping.. so we don't think that for

Any Kind of reason, Wasted  Google Guide's input.. 

So Google please careful..

Thanks..

Connect Moderator

Hello @Shrut19,

Yes, the features do become merged; with one of the features now becoming a feed into the remaining one.

Finding likely duplicates is done on Google's servers, which is not affected by your internet connection.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages