PatrickW's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Listing a new business location INSIDE a mall

I recently tried to include one of my favourite restaurants within Google Maps.  However, as the restaurant is within a Mall I didn't have the exact address of the restaurant and Maps would now allow me to simply include the mall name.

Have any of you had this issue?

If so, how did you get around this issue?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Kista, Stockholm, Sweden
4 comments
Level 9

Re: Listing a new business location INSIDE a mall

Hi @PatrickW

you can add a Restaurant indside a Shopping Mall. The better option is when you visit the restaurant browse the Google maps from your apps then select the "Add a missing place"  and drug the perfect location. In the "Address" option, you can add Shop Number, Mall name etc.. 

Connect Moderator

If so, how did you get around this issue?

One thing we try not to do on the map is to try to "get around" things, as that normally leads to bad data.

The fact that this is within a mall is irrelevant.  If the restaurant was on the street you would also need to obtain the valid address in order to add the feature.

We cannot simply use any resource out there, but the website for the place itself is a valid resource to use.  Have you seen if the restaurant has a website and if so if it lists the address?

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 4

I exactly did this just last week. One easy to find another shop just beside  or opposite or near to this missing place, then we can exactly identify and add this place.

Another way is to visit the shop in person and google maps will locate you, then you can add missing place.

Level 7

Some restaurants have their own website where they mention their address, you can find it there. If you couldn't, then you can just give the mall address itself. I did this once.