ChristyFromCanada's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

christyabrandon<content removed>

I want to put the old names onto the now unnamed small lakes and islands on Lake Panache,near Espanola,On.Ca.

Why lose them all when my generation dies?

ChristineBrandon
Level 6

Re: christyabrandon<content removed>

@ChristyFromCanada wrote:

I want to put the old names onto the now unnamed small lakes and islands on Lake Panache,near Espanola,On.Ca.

Why lose them all when my generation dies?

Anyone know how to do this for Google Maps?

ChristineBrandon
Level 6

christyabrandon<content removed>

How do I put the local names on small unnamed by Gov.lakes and also small now unnamed islands and dangerous shoals, onto Google Maps or Maps Google?

ChristineBrandon
Former Google Contributor

Re: christyabrandon<content removed>

Hi @ChristyFromCanada,

There are certain items in Google Maps that you cannot edit and these include landmarks, established points-of-interests or even the names of a city/township - Only Google can edit these although you can always send feedback and suggest your changes through Google maps. To send feedback you can follow these steps below: Find the location in question on the map.

Maps.png

Click the hamburger icon ☰ Click Send feedback => Choose your relevant feedback.

If you are looking to report an error on the map - please review the instructions in the Help Center here.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 6

Lake Panache and Lake Penage

Please tell me, if you know or if you know someone who might know where West Bay,Lake Panache is?

can you use Google Maps to get from the Tim Hortons on Hwy6, in Espanola,On.Canada, to West Bay, Lake Panache.?

My Google Maps sent me to the Sudbury Eastern end of this lake, and NOT to the Western end where my camp is!

All my new friends will get lost trying to find me!

ChristineBrandon
Level 6

Re: naming un-named lakes and. islands too small to be of interest to the official gov. so far.

@Badruddeen wrote:

Hi @ChristyFromCanada

Local Guides can't add natural features on Google Maps, and these types of requests are handled by special teams.

To start I suggest send feedback from Google Maps app. 

Cheers

ChristineBrandon
Level 10

Re: naming un-named lakes and. islands too small to be of interest to the official gov. so far.

hi @ChristyFromCanada
Warm welcome to Local Guides Connect Community

At this time, there's no way to add or edit city, country or little region like it was on Google Map Maker.

You can open three-line menu on the right above of Google Maps.

After that, you can open "Send Feedback" in your menu and then find a point of your issue and after that write for it.

Feedback.jpgSend FeedbackSend Feedback

Missing Road.jpgMissing RoadMissing Road

Please follow this steps

1. Open the Google Maps app.Google Maps
  2. Tap Menu Menu and then Send feedback and then
  3. To report your issue, follow the instructions.
  4. Tap Send.

Best Regards
Rezgar

Level 6

Thank you everyone for helpig me get started!

Thanks for taking the time to answer my posts!

I am so grateful

ChristineBrandon
Level 10

Hi Dear colleagues @ChristyFromCanada
I ask you to use the "AT" Sign mark ( @ ) before the profile's name if they want to reply to a post. for example @Rezgar
In many posts, I see something that the audience is unclear, thank you.

Best Regards
Rezgar

Level 8

Re: Lake Panache and Lake Penage

@ChristyFromCanada wrote:

Please tell me, if you know or if you know someone who might know where West Bay,Lake Panache is?

can you use Google Maps to get from the Tim Hortons on Hwy6, in Espanola,On.Canada, to West Bay, Lake Panache.?

My Google Maps sent me to the Sudbury Eastern end of this lake, and NOT to the Western end where my camp is!

All my new friends will get lost trying to find me!

Hi @RohithaF

Any idea?

Cheers