doc_psy_jp's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Kerala Tamilnadu border

When I looked into google maps, at least a few places, many places in Kerala are wrongly marked as it is in Tamil Nadu on google map. I think almost whole of Southern part of the border, many places in Kerala are shown as they are in Tamil Nadu. Few example sare Ramakkal Medu in Idukki District also many areas adjacent to that. Also the Agasthyarkoodam trekking path, Athirumala base camp and Agasthyamala is also shown in Tamil Nadu. We know very well that they are fully controlled by Kerala state as well as Kerala forest department.
This is something need to be corrected and how can we correct that? Google map does not offer any option to correct the inter-state boundary

Kerala, India
4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Kerala Tamilnadu border

Hi @doc_psy_jp 

Please sand feedback to Google maps about this issue and in your feedback provide more information about this Places. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 7

I see the following places in Kerala included in Tamil Nadu
Athirumala Base camp
Agasthyamalai
The whole of Agarsthyarkoodam Trek Trail
Pandipathu
Agasthyarkoodam Biological Reserve
Chathurangapara View point
Kolukkumala Tea estate
Meesapulimala
I think there may be more errors in map and in general,  the boundary is drifted towards west

Level 4

yes i've also noticed many places of Kerala shown in Tamil Nadu like Kumily, Walayar etc...

and many many places of kerala and tamil nadu border there places of kerala are shown in tamil nadu which is entirely wrong. many places of our state especially border districts with TN are wrongly shown. 

Level 8

Hi @doc_psy_jp

As @NareshDarji suggested please send feed back to Google. Thank you Naresh. 

Here's how to do it. Report an error on map 

Cheers and happy guiding. #LetsGuide