Arshadprism's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

I am in Level 7 Now

I' m New in level 7 , But i had a lot of problems in adding new places in my area,  and i was unable to add a single place in my area as Google has not worked here. I am from District Rajouri of jammu and Kashmir, India but my area is shown in Pakistan by Google Maps... Whenever i am entering address it says invalid and the marker moves to pakistan

Jammu and Kashmir
12 comments
Level 1

Re: I am in Level 7 Now

Hi, iam from Kerala ,India

Level 7

Welcome to Google #localguides

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Arshadprism,

Have you tried to follow the required steps that Corrie has shared with the community in here? If so, would you please elaborate a bit more the issue that you are facing?

One last thing, since your post is an inquiry about how to map, I decided to move your post to the Mapping Your World board.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 6

Hi @Arshadprism welcome dear, Good to see you here.

I understand this as most of the areas near Line of Control with Pakistan sometime unable to edit because of various reason. I remember when few years back I had this problem with me. My village and all adjoining villages slips almost 15 km from their actual place but at that I was able to edit that layer with google map maker on my laptop. Now google has stops that process. So, it will be very difficult for you to do that. 

As @KlaudiyaG has suggested you can add and edit other information by using your phone. I also have made some edits in this area. Rajouri, indeed a beautiful place. Please posts some photos here.

Wishes 

Level 9

Hi @Arshadprism 

Mr. @RainaYP has rightly said. 

You also clearly said, when we add any place, google automatically took address on the basis of nearby roads and most of the roads, lane do not have proper name on the google map specially in your area and also if you try to put manually, it will accepted, may be for security or political reason. It happens with me many time and ultimately I left. 

@KlaudiyaG please look into the matter.

Thanks

Level 7

, 33.156388,74.240173 At this Coordinates- , add "Mughliya Jahangiri Masjid" it's a historical Mosque. 

Address- Opposite Police station, or Near Gurdwara Chatti padshahi Nowshera, Rajouri, 185151.

Or add any place in this area.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Arshadprism

The world is a big and dynamic place — as it evolves, our goal is to keep the information on Google Maps as fresh and accurate as possible.

In order to do that, Local Guides submit edits to ensure their communities are accurately represented. Sometimes, an edit you have submitted may appear as Pending or Not Applied.

Many of you have asked why your edit is shown that way, so we wanted to share more information with you how edits are reviewed and why they may appear as such.

Every edit submitted to Google Maps is either reviewed by an automated systems, local operators, or both, to ensure changes follow our guidelines.

If we are not sure the edit is accurate, it may be listed as Denied. If your edit status is listed as Pending, it means we need to take a closer look at the information, which can take some time to verify through our staff and other users through "Check the Facts".

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Hello @Arshadprism,

Unfortunately you live in a disputed area.

Google is not going to interject itself into that conflict.  It cannot accept edits in the area as it cannot assign a state/province nor country without offending governments and citizens.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 7

@Flashwhat bullshit you are writing? where it is disputed? and why Google has worked enormously here at places with markets and crowds?