sophiawang's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

How to add a new bridge?

We just come back from the HanHua bridge the day before yesterday. Because we can not find it on the Google Map, so I try to add it on the Google Map, but unaccept twice already. This HanHua bridge is a new one which be built on July 2017 and very near the Cold Creek Suspension bridge.The HanHua bridge,2017 JulyThe HanHua bridge,2017 July

This is the HanHua bridgeThis is the HanHua bridge

The HanHua bridgeThe HanHua bridge

near the Cold Creek Suspension bridgenear the Cold Creek Suspension bridge

Can't find it on the Google MapCan't find it on the Google Map

Yilan County, 台灣
7 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: How to add a new bridge?

Hello,

Can you please explain exactly what options you have used to attempt to add the bridge?

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

Re: How to add a new bridge?

@Flash

Hi, I have tried to add the HanHua bridge this morning and took the pictures by screenshot. You can see that  "bridge" is my option, and failed to add too.Failed to add two times beforeFailed to add two times before

This option is"bridge".This option is"bridge".

Failed to add this morningFailed to add this morning

Level 8

How to add a new tunnel at the SuHua Highway?

About the SuHua Highway that the Suao-Dong'ao Section passed a passenger bus on February 5, 107 and ...

As you see, The SuHua Highway has 3 tunnel till now. But when I uploaded the photos to the Google Map, I found that there is only a tunnel of the Dongyue tunnel. Even the signpost obviously present the Suao Tunnel and the Dong'ao tunnel, I still can't find them in Google Map.

And when I tried to add the Dongyue tunnel(because its distances are 3381m longer than the other two.) that be denied.

My question is how can I add the new tunnel that Google Map lack to see?

As you see, The SuHua Highway has 3 tunnel till now. But when I uploaded the photos to the Google Map, I found that there is only a tunnel of the Dongyue tunnel. Even the signpost obviously present the Suao Tunnel and the Dong'ao tunnel, I still can't find them in Google Map.

And when I tried to add the Dongyue tunnel(because its distances are 3381m that's longer than the other two.) that be denied.

My question is how can I add the new tunnel that Google Map lack to see?How to add the new tunnel?How to add the new tunnel?

Suao tunnelSuao tunnel

Google Map only mark this tunnel till nowGoogle Map only mark this tunnel till now

Level 9

Re: How to add a new tunnel at the SuHua Highway?

@sophiawang I also had the same problem when I was adding two different laboratories in my school, which were close to each to other. My edit was bounced. Thanks for bringing this up

Twitter | Instagram |My Contributions

We enter into this world with one focus, to be successful, many failed trying, but those who make it always set a goal and see every obstacle as nothing but a hurdle.

Level 8

How to add the new bridge?

The HanHua bridge is a new bridge that can not be found in the Google Map till now. When I returned from the HanHua bridge last two weeks agohttps://youtu.be/tTaHmi74hZQ, there were three times I failed to add it to the Google Map.

My question is how can I add this new bridge?

201707 completed201707 completed

the HanHua bridgethe HanHua bridge

near the Cold Creek Suspension bridgenear the Cold Creek Suspension bridge

Connect Moderator

Re: How to add a new tunnel at the SuHua Highway?

Hello @sophiawang

As your post contains a question non-photography related, I will move your post to the more appropriate sub-forum. This should help to get it proper exposure while also keeping the Photography subforum on topic. Please ensure that each post you make is both appropriate for Local Guides Connect and in the correct sub-forum.

I notice also that you have two other posts that are very much related, I will also combine all three into one post.

You are asking both how to add bridges and tunnels.  Bridges and tunnels are part of the road network and thus should be added via the same method of reporting any other road issue. 

In the case of added a bridge or tunnel to already existing roads, highlight the segments of road that comprise the bridge or tunnel and change the name.  All road edit edits are actually requests for a Googler to make the edit in another tool, so they will not actually change the name but rather create a new name just for those segments.  You can use the Add A Note field to provide the precise start and finish, something along the lines of "Tunnel starts at 49.590484, -121.408617 and ends at 49.591637, -121.409338", which will allow them to make new intersections so that only the actual bridge or tunnel gets updated.  The Google operator will also change other fields that give the road the special looks and other attributes that these features have.

For new tunnels or bridges, you would use the option to add a new road and add similar notes.  In that case the proper name of the road should be used in the name field and the name of the bridge or tunnel should be mentioned in the notes.

It is also possible to use these methods to add unnamed tunnels and bridges; simply leave the name field blank and only use the Add a Note field.

All of this is contingent on these feedback options being available in the area in which you wish to submit such feedback.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

Thanks.Re: How to add a new bridge?

Thank you, what I waited for was your reply.