golfingsa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

How many Google Map Markers are there?

Hi, I'm looking for statistic's related to Google Map Markers, as follows.

1. The number of map markers currently placed on Google Maps

2. Number of Claimed accounts

3. Number of UN claimed accounts

4. Total Reviews by Local guides versus response's by Owners

5. Total Reviews by other reviewers versus response's by Owners

6. Or just the total number of reviews versus response's by the Owners

7. The number of Claimed accounts, with incomplete profiles

8. The number of accounts, that are non responsive

9. The number of accounts, that are responsive

Since no answer is forth coming,  I will tell you all the truth

approximately 55% of all accounts are Un Claimed and are non responsive, wasting your time writing reviews

approximately  25%, of Claimed Accounts are non responsive, profiles incomplete, wasting your time writing reviews

approximately 20%, of Claimed Accounts are responsive and in many cases their profiles remain incomplete

So 80% of all account do not have active participation by their Owners

So 20% of all accounts have participation by their Owners or Agency 

Petty much a failure, if this was my listing system, I'd be embarrassed  

KZN, South Africa
14 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: How many Google Map Markers are there?

Hello,

I'm sorry, but none of the information you are seeking is data that is released by Google.

approximately 55% of all accounts are Un Claimed and are non responsive, wasting your time writing reviews

approximately  25%, of Claimed Accounts are non responsive, profiles incomplete, wasting your time writing reviews

approximately 20%, of Claimed Accounts are responsive and in many cases their profiles remain incomplete

To be clear, you have made those numbers up, no one should rely on them.

However, reviews are not for the owners, they are for other potential customers/users of the place.  Whether it is claimed or not has absolutely no bearing on whether a review is useful or not.

So 80% of all account do not have active participation by their Owners

So 20% of all accounts have participation by their Owners or Agency 

Petty much a failure, if this was my listing system, I'd be embarrassed  

The map is not a "listing system" as you call it, or a business directory to use the common term.  When business owners complain that they cannot delete bad reviews, customize the description of their place, only display their own photos, etc. we remind them of that fact.  The purpose of Maps it so provide end users information about the place.  Google allows owners to participate, but that is not the focus and is in no way necessary to get an accurate listing for a place.

Claiming is a feature of Google My Business; it is not part of the Local Guide program.  If your focus is to discuss it you should head over to the GMB forum.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 2

hello, why does your answer, not come as a surprise! to me

Level 2

What is Google Hiding 

Level 2

Local Guides cant get accredited, you wont share information, so exactly what do all these local guides mean to Google, the only thing I've heard on hear, is don't do as we do, do as we say. You can take a street view of my property, but you tell others before they take picture they must get permissions, who gave you permission to take a street view of my house, but yet you do it

The only thing that i can give credit for is Boosting the economy, many of these google guides (Sheepeole) now spend their money, just to get badges.

A work study conducted by me.into 45 Golf Club/Course map markers, this study showed that 28 - map Markers were Un claimed - 13 missing and 4 claimed, but not responsive. Releasing Stat's, would prove that almost 80% of all map markers are not actively managed by their owners, this project was for the Map marker Community (Now Closed) and is for the local guides, its has nothing to do with the owners

Through your map marker community you placed these map markers without consent and now you are reviewing owners, that are not active partners in the process, you've reduced them to passengers

Until I see a Result (Stat's) i will believe that this, the Google Maps Project is a Failure, produce the Stat's prove me wrong

Connect Moderator

@golfingsa wrote:

What is Google Hiding 

Not providing you with intimate details of their business does not mean they are hiding anything.  Pretty well any business out there does not publish extensive stats on all aspects of their business, they too are not hiding anything.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 2

Why is there no decline the solution, then i only have to decline your answer and not respond

Level 2

No more reviews at my expense

Until I have an answer, i will not conduct another review,  that benefits you, I want to be part of a success story, but i'm talking to the problem and not the solution.

You have a map of the world you don't own it

Connect Moderator

You can take a street view of my property, but you tell others before they take picture they must get permissions, who gave you permission to take a street view of my house, but yet you do it

No one has ever said you must get permission to take a picture from a public location, feel free to to do so.

Allowing the taking of pictures on private property is up to the owner's of the property; which is why Google stops it's cars at the entrances to private property.

this project was for the Map marker Community (Now Closed) and is for the local guides, its has nothing to do with the owners

I was a leading member of the Map Maker community; we had no such project going on.  This appears to be your own project.

Through your map marker community you placed these map markers without consent

I'm not sure why you feel consent is required.  No mapping company has ever asked for consent to list a place on their map.  Google also doesn't ask for consent to list websites and other data on it's search engine, nor do other search engines, encyclopedias, newspapers, etc.  Reporting facts does not require consent, public information is not "owned".   There is actually some irony that you feel Google should share nonpublic information with you while claiming they shouldn't publish public information.

Local Guides is a program to help improve the map so other users like yourself can have better information.  The reward is knowing you've helped others.  If you are seeking other rewards, it might not be the program for you.

Connect Moderator

Re: No more reviews at my expense

@golfingsa wrote:

Until I have an answer, i will not conduct another review,  that benefits you, I want to be part of a success story, but i'm talking to the problem and not the solution.

You have a map of the world you don't own it

To be clear, I am not part of Google.

But yes, this does sound like it would be the best personal choice for you.