Amitesh_Gayen's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

How did you add feature name in other language on Google Maps

Hi @GusMoreira

How did you add feature/Location name in pother language on Google Maps. There have no options to add more name Like Google Map Maker.  If You add this option (Add more Name), it should help us to add name in other language of feature on Google Maps.

If you add "Edit" option only for Location name that should help to change wrong spelling of Bengali in West Bengal on Google Maps.

Thanks & Regards

Amitesh

Kolkata, West Bengal, India
3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: How did you add feature name in other language on Google Maps

Hello Amitesh,

The full functionality of Map Maker has not yet been ported to Maps, I'm afraid that multiple language capabilities are not available beyond what you are being offered.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 10

@Flash wrote:

I'm afraid that multiple language capabilities are not available beyond what you are being offered.

Correction :

You can add name in regional languages using Google Maps app. 

1) Change your primary language in phone settings to regional language (Hindi or Malayalam for instance). 

2) One you tap the 'Suggest an Edit' option, you'll find a text box  to add name in 'regional language' 

I use Google Handwriting Input keyboard for adding names in Hindi, Malayalam etc. Works fine for me. 

Level 8

Actually, working with Desktop Maps is much easier when entering POI name in extra languages.

We can just change Maps language even without a need to restart Maps.