ShaniDeshwal's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

How To Edit / Add Road Names on Google Maps

Hi all,

I am Level 8 contributor from India (Asia). I checked a lot of roads have old names and some roads don't have any name. I want to know how can I add names to those roads?

#Thanks in advavnce

Delhi, India
12 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: How To Edit / Add Road Names on Google Maps

Hey @ShaniDeshwal,

Thank you for reaching out! 

If you want to report an error on the map, you need to send feedback directly on Google Maps. This goes both for wrong road names, for missing road names or for missing roads. Here's how you can do that on your computer:

1. On your computer, open Google Maps . Make sure you're signed in.
  2. In the top left, click Menu > Send feedback > Edit the map.
  3. Follow the instructions.
  4. Click Submit.

Notes:

• If you're using Maps in Lite mode, you can't report a problem.
  • We review your reports, so your changes sometimes take time to be updated on the map.

Hope this helps!

- Nadya

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Hello

@ShaniDeshwal

you are able to edit road segments on Google Maps - check out the post here. If you would like to report problems on missing villages, boundaries etc, I would suggest  you report a problem on Google Maps - check out the post here

Cheers

Saudi local guide 

Level 8

Dear @NadyaPN I am lvl 7 contributor on google map. but  Menu > Send feedback > Edit the map option not available. Only two option

send feetback.png  available, which one should i select for this purpose? i am not using Lite mode.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @bdmafuz,

If you want to flag some wrong information on the Maps, you can go ahead and use the second option - Your opinions about Maps.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator

Hi @bdmafuz,

If the option to suggest road edit changes is not available in your area then unfortunately Google is not able to accept such edits in your area at this time.  I'm afraid you cannot substitute an alternative field meant for something else, so using "Your opinion about Maps" will not work.  If Google was accepting edits in your area they would offer the option directly in the Feedback menu.

Please do check back in the future, Google is always working towards being able to accept as much data as possible in as many places as possible.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

Level 9

Thanks @NadyaPN for your reply.

Its really helpful for me.

Now, I am able to  add more accurate info to Google Maps.

Thanks everyone.

Level 8

Hi @NadyaPN @Flash

To avoid the confusion here, the solution in this post need to be revoked.

Because it is not a solution to the problem. 

Spoiler
  1. On your computer, open Google Maps . Make sure you're signed in.
  2. In the top left, click Menu > Send feedback > Edit the map. (This option is not available now)
  3. Follow the instructions.
  4. Click Submit.

Thank you for your understanding.

Cheers

Level 7

Go to 'option' section of your Google map, use 'report problem' , choose and edit name of the road and submit.