NickOmondi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Guiding People through verifying places (Claim this business)

Local guides help people through photos, reviews and videos. Many places exist on the map, people ask right questions but they don't reach people who are supposed to give answers. So what have I done about this? Well, In my border town of Busia, 500+KM from the capital Nairobi Kenya, I have been taking the owners of businesses through verification process. Once the place is verified, the business owners get to reply to questions instantly and their customers feel happy! I've also trained them how to add photos (Good quality) on their business pages and insights about their businesses.

My survey shows that very few businesses are verified on maps because many people under look the feature. I've learnt how powerful it is because once a business is verified, it can come on top of search results e.g hotels, restaurants etc. 

I urge fellow Local Guides to get business in their neighbourhood verified as a way of promoting them.

Busia, Kenya
1 comment
Connect Moderator

Re: Guiding People through verifying places (Claim this business)

Hello @NickOmondi, I couldn't agree more!

Some time ago I have published a blogpost on that topic, containing some additional arguments. Feel free to share it or use the arguments used in it.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply