ArmendK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Enter a valid address

If you were just entering a street name in the past, that would cause issues for that feature in the future.

Map Maker has always enforced that an address must be properly filled out.  Unfortunately tools such as GMB and Maps did not do so, and the features then had major issues going forward.  I recently brought it to Google's attention that this is something that needs to be fixed before Map Maker's editing is moved to Maps.  It sounds like Maps is now enforcing proper addressing, but unfortunately it is not giving you the proper prompts to let you know what it will accept.  I'll bring this too Google's attention also, thank you for bring it up.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 6

@GreggG wrote:

If you were just entering a street name in the past, that would cause issues for that feature in the future.

Map Maker has always enforced that an address must be properly filled out.  Unfortunately tools such as GMB and Maps did not do so, and the features then had major issues going forward.  I recently brought it to Google's attention that this is something that needs to be fixed before Map Maker's editing is moved to Maps.  It sounds like Maps is now enforcing proper addressing, but unfortunately it is not giving you the proper prompts to let you know what it will accept.  I'll bring this too Google's attention also, thank you for bring it up.

There is another issue! We are 'third world' place! Google don't alow us to make a maps anymore! After the scandal that occurred 'android urinating on apple' ! For example there is a new road on my neighborhood, which was released for everyday using 6-7 month ago and no one can't make it on the maps! This road is very frequnt! Soon there will be a lot of shops and other things, but you can't find that road on the map 😂 ... 

Level 2

Same thing happend to me since one week im not able to add any new place located in Cyprus.. they say its an issue with the System and it will be fixed soon.. so we just have to wait.. 

Level 2

@ArmendK wrote:

Can't add a new place! It says "Enter a valid address" even the address is correct! you can see on screenshot

Screenshot_20170114-100815.png

@ArmendK wrote:

Can't add a new place! It says "Enter a valid address" even the address is correct! you can see on screenshot

Screenshot_20170114-100815.png

Same thing happend to me since one week im not able to add any new place located in Cyprus.. they say its an issue with the System and it will be fixed soon.. so we just have to wait.. 

Level 10

Hi @Flash and @ArmendK

What about ur problem,  now? Me too, facing same problem. I am trying to add a new place in area where streets are not named yet. Google define address as the name of city only but cannot add new place. It show Enter a valid address. Most of streets have no name and some have no road signnon Maps. 

I am also third world. How can we add places on downtown, rural and remote areas where no street names ?

Level 5

I have the same problem. I mostly add and edit places in the Ferizaj district, but adding new places is a nightmare, because of this address bug.

Level 6

Adding places like:

"place, neighbor, City, Serbia" unfortunately, it will work 😞

Level 5

Currently having same problem, please, this needs to be address ASAP as I'll be leaving this area soon. Thanks all. 

Level 5

Happens to me every time. Still don't know how to get around it. This is quite depressing!

Level 6

Google didn't recognise state of republic of Kosovo. Done by adding state serbia in place of Kosovo